Topic: Totalmix with DAW

Hi all!

I've wandered around this forum for tips and tricks, but I haven't really found what I was looking for, so Im posting this topic.

I have been mixing in sonic core Scope for the past few years. Tired of PC trouble, I've switched to a digiface usb on a macbook, which is a bless of stability. wink

I do struggle with the setup, which consists of lots of outboard stuff (synths etc). I use Ableton, mainly as a multitrack recorder. I

see the big advantages of mixing in totalmix and would love to use that, but there's a gripe I can't come by.

I want to combine monitoring the inputs with playing tracks in live. Auto monitoring in Live is great for that. I play around, record a stem when satisfied, etc. I would love the recording and monitoring of a track through the same totalmix channel, but that's not possible. unfortunately I can only use the software playback tracks as (virtual) outputs to the mixer.

Those output channels are however also used for outputting to external fx, monitors, etc.

Is there a way to create more asio outs/software playback channels than the 32 that come with the digiface driver? That would be great. I can then use Live to switch monitoring/playback and let the audio always fun through the same totalmix channel.

This is how I worked in Scope, which was great. The minimal latency of letting audio pass the daw is no problem at all, as eventually everything gets recorded...

Hope my question is clear (no native English speaker). Thanks a lot for thinking along!

Cheers,
Jasper