Topic: Help: Reasonable Talkback Configuration Totalmix/Cubase/Behringer P16

Hi at all,

I struggle to get a reasonable talkback/listenback configuration with my setup. I´m looking for some advices from other experienced users with Total Mix.

I want to provide the musicians in the recording room the possibility the build there own cue mix on the headphones.
Therefore I bought a Behringer P16I/P16M which I supply via the two ADAT ports. I have routed 12 different channels on the P16 (Drums, Bass, Git, Keys, Click, etc.).

Topic 1:
I configured the talkback and listenback in the Totalmix options with suitable dim levels. Dim on the ADAT channels works only if the talkback button on every ADAT channel is activated. The result of this is, that my talkback signal is routed to every channel. Is it possible to dim all ADAT channels but only route the talkback signal to only a specific channel?

Topic 2:
I have different devices on my desk and therefore I tried to use the talkback via pressing a MIDI button on my existing Korg Nanokontrol 2. But on the Nanokontrol 2 I can't configure it properly. To activate the talkback I have to press the configured button on my Nanokontrol 2. The buttons LED flashes up and talkback is activated. To deactivate talkback I have to do the same procedure.
Is there a simple configurable midi button on the market which is able that I can use talkback in the "push-to-talk" mode?

Thanks in advance.
kraimor

Re: Help: Reasonable Talkback Configuration Totalmix/Cubase/Behringer P16

It sounds like your button is set to “Toggle”.
You have to change the button behavior to “Momentary”.
Install and open KORG KONTROL Editor.
Make sure your NanoKontrol is plugged in.
Select your MIDI device - NanoKontrol2.
Here’s what you have to do:
On the “CONTROL” tab choose the button you want to change the behavior.
Change “Button Behavior” to “Momentary” instead of “Toggle”.
On the menu bar choose “Communication” and select “Write Scene Data” to save it to your controller (your controller must be linked)
Now your button will engage when pressed and disengage when it is released.

Re: Help: Reasonable Talkback Configuration Totalmix/Cubase/Behringer P16

Hi kirkreid,

I´ve checked the advice.

The behaviour of total mix is the same. It don't changes if i switch between momentary and toggle mode :-(
(yes, i´ve written the scene to my device :-))

Only the LED of my Korg device changes the behaviour.