Topic: UCX won't "boot" properly after update.

In between projects I decided to update MacOS from 11.2.1 to 11.6.3. I also updated the drivers and firmware to the very latest.

Now, when I boot the Mac, UCX will most often not load Totalmix, and audio playback will stutter.
The stutter will ALWAYS go away if I turn the UCX off and on again. However, there's no way to get Totalmix in contact with the UCX.

Some times though, the Mac will boot with a perfectly good working UCX and Totalmix...

Any ideas?

Re: UCX won't "boot" properly after update.

To be even more clear:

The UCX is always recognized (red light goes off) when I boot (into macOS 11.6.3).

There is no Totalmix window.

There is audio, but it always stutters, unless I turn the UCX off/on. This will fix the stuttering issue.

So....I have sort of a functioning interface, but no mixer interface.

BUT...On very rare occasions Totalmix will load the mixer and I have a fully functioning UCX.

Everything was working fine before I updated from 11.2.1 to 11.6.3, and at the same time updated firmware to the latest (though I believe only Class Compliance was updated).

Help yikes

3 (edited by Runepune 2022-02-08 23:06:34)

Re: UCX won't "boot" properly after update.

So...I've tried removing as much RME related as I could find within libraries, preferences etc.

Even using "sudo kextunload" in Terminal for kexts I could find, and deleting every kext.

Installed again, and now it has booted into a fully functioning interface 3 times in a row cool

Fingers crossed...