Topic: Babyface classic standalone + adat ad/da converter question

Hi everyone.
I'd like to experiment a bit in standalone mode with my babyface classic (firmware 225) along with my external ad/da converter (external ins /outs synced to internal Babyface clock at 48k) in order to avoid turning on my pc every time I'm using them. They work excellently well together in driver mode along with Total MixFx.
I've read the manual chapter 31.2 but still some things are unclear.

Firstly will the adat outs-ins work as they are set or should I change the synching mode to external and the sample rate to other than 48k? This seems a bit complicated in the manual but I can figure it out.

Then, how should I power and activate Babyface for such a use in standalone mode?
Is the activation the same as the one of CC mode described in the manual  - should i hold the recall and select buttons while powering the device?
And what about if the usb cable is already plugged in the card? Do I follow the same steps to go back to normal mode?

I'm able to power the babyface using my pc usb bus (as I use it normally but with the pc switched off - the usb buses are able to charge a phone etc.). I'm using single usb cable.
I can also use a 1A usb phone charger, And also a 12v 1A center positive power charger. And I also have around the dual usb cable. Should I use a combination of those methods? What power scheme should I use?

The manual I think is quite clear, but I'm quite hesitant since I don't want to mess up my really good working set up. Is there any video on the subject? Is there anything else to take under consideration? Any tip or advice?

Thanks in advance