Topic: [Solved] Fireface UFX+ input sensitivity

Hi, an unusual problem - anyone else found this?

My UFX+ is just over two years old. A couple of weeks ago I noticed the input sensitivity dropping off on inputs 1 - 4 (the TRS inputs) evidenced by the fact that no matter how hard I pushed the preamp very low levels were going into my DAW (-20 at best). I switched to use the XLR inputs 8 -12 on the front panel, and although okay at 1st gradually these dropped to the same level. This was a pain as I had a paid session underway with a hired musician.

There doesn't appear to be any way to adjust sensitivity. Do I need to get it looked at?

Thanks

UFX+
iMac17,Quad-Core Intel Core i7 4 GHz 32GB RAM
Logic Pro X

2 (edited by cigame 2022-02-12 18:51:33)

Re: [Solved] Fireface UFX+ input sensitivity

Normally there is a lot of sensitivity and it is adjustable.
Manual page 42
What happens when you use inputs 5-8?

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

Thanks for the reply. I've taken a look there and I'm a bit confused. The adjustements to settings are on TotalMix. My undertsanding has always been that TotalMix passes the input signals straight through to the DAW irrespective of settings, and this is how it works on my system. Making any adjustments to gain etc. on TotalMix changes the monitoring, but not what's going into the DAW. Have I missed a setting?

UFX+
    Logic Pro X

'Gain' explicitely changes the hardware input amplification. This is a knob in the tools panel. The fader is the mixing path.

And even then you can have TotalMix involved, as soon as you use Loopback in the hardware output channel.

Finally using the option 'DSP - EQ for record' puts the whole input FX section into the record path.

Regards
    Matthias Carstens
    RME

Thanks Matthias, I have reconnected my UFX+ (luckily I had a UCX as a spare) and tried this. When I did the RME YouTube videos on TotalMix I'd missed that this particular gain control DOES adjust hardware input. Over the last 2 years I've clearly been lucky that this happened to be set at a useable setting. Glad I've found this, it gives much better control and thanks for the reply.

UFX+
    Logic Pro X