1 (edited by whitenoiz83 2022-02-14 18:58:22)

Topic: [Solved] - Sound via headphones not "centered"

Hallo MC,

ich habe seit einiger Zeit folgendes "Problem":

Nach dem Einschalten meine Adi2-Pro höre ich über meinen Kopfhörer den Klang erst mittig. Dann wandert die Mitte Richtung linker Seite (innerhalb von ca. 10 Sekunden). Ziehe ich den Stecker meines Kopfhörers heraus und stecke ihn wieder ein ist das Problem verschwunden und tritt auch nicht mehr auf, solange der Adi2-Pro eingeschaltet ist.

Port: PH3/4
Kopfhörer: AKG 812
STD Settings nach Reset - nur B/T und Loudness sind aktiv
neueste FW ist installiert

Auch nach einem vollständigen Reset tritt das Phänomen auf. Hast du eine Idee?

Beste Grüße

==========

Hello MC,

I have had the following "problem" for some time:

After turning on my Adi2-Pro, I hear the sound through my headphones first in the middle. Then the sound moves towards the left side (within about 10 seconds). If I unplug my headphones and plug them back in, the problem disappears and does not occur again as long as the Adi2-Pro is turned on.

Port: PH3/4
Headphones: AKG 812
STD Settings after reset - only B/T and Loudness are active
newest FW is installed

Even after a full reset the phenomenon occurs. Do you have any idea?

Best regards

Re: [Solved] - Sound via headphones not "centered"

Did you try other headphones, it is unlikely it is a phones issue, but so you can be 100% sure. Can be cheap or earbuds.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

I exclude a defect of the headphones because the problem does not occur on my UFXII.

4 (edited by KaiS 2022-02-06 17:34:32)

CHECKLIST, pick what you can answer:

• Does it happen every time?

• Wipe the plug with a clean dry cloth, even the smaller 3.5 mm plug that usually sticks inside the adapter.

• Try a different 6.5 to 3.5 mm adapter.

• Can you reproduce the effect with another pair of headphones+cable+adapter?
(= positive confirmation)

• Does the problem happen on PH1/2 too?

• When the sound goes away on the right channel, do the remains sound scratchy and distorted, or just as clean as normal?
Put the left cup behind the ear to better recognize what’s going on in the right channel.

• Watch out if the meter (Post FX) shows the unbalance.

I think it's really the adapter. will purchase a new one and then test again. It is strange that the problem does not occur on the UFX II. But there is nothing that does not exist ;-)

Thanks for the tip.

Replacing the adapter seems to have helped. Thanks for the tip. Sometimes it's just these little hints.

Thank You @KaiS smile