Topic: RME Digiface with Alesis HD24XR

have searched the Posts and didnt' really see an answer to my questions so wanted to ask:

does anyone have experience using the RME Digiface USB with an Alesis HD24XR (using the Alesis as a converter).
best case scenario i'd love to pick someone's brain if they've used two HD24XRs.
I've gotten my set up going but have some tweaking I know I need and I had a very difficult time getting both Alesis' running.

my goal is to get 22 -96k Digital Ins to my DAW and 2 outputs for Monitoring.
I've currently got one HD24XR working with 10 ins and 2 outs, but the ADAT in and Total Mix was very confusing to me. I'm going into Cubase.

let me know if  you need more specifics
looking to understand the settings i need for HD24XR(master/slave)
which ADAT outputs from HD correspond to which channels going into my DAW.
generally how this interacts with TotalMix.

thanks in advance!

mc

Re: RME Digiface with Alesis HD24XR

That won't work. 96 kHz requires SMUX/2, so the DF USB can offer only 16 channels of 96 kHz going in and out. Explained in detail in its manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ok. gotcha. so i can only get 14 in and 2 out at 96k
yep. should have caught that.

thanks, Matthias.

that will help for sure with my expectations!. if anyone else has experience using two machines at 96k,would love to hear how you pull it off.

4 (edited by vinark 2022-02-15 15:17:12)

No 16 ins.
Why not use one for 24 ins at 48k? Much easier and no sync issues. Just use the digiface set to slave. Should sync over adat. I doubt this machine will sound better at 96k, but maybe it does

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632