Topic: Portable bit-bucket recommendation

Can anyone recommend a decent, simple 2-track portable hard disk recorder with digital inputs that could be used as a “Bit-bucket” for the ADI2 pro?  I would essentially be using the rme as the AD/DA interface.   I am aware of the Tascam DA-3000, curious if there are other options.  It doesn’t look like the rme could work as a front-end dsd converter for the tascam but looks like PCM would work fine, is that correct?

Re: Portable bit-bucket recommendation

Take a look at DUREC function of UCXII. Full standalone operation. 16 ch recording at 192khz. EQ, compressor, reverb. You wont need the ADI-2 PRO with this. You wont get DSD though. It will be portable with a small SSD drive and a powerbank.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

3 (edited by KaiS 2022-02-15 16:02:49)

apesusetools wrote:

Can anyone recommend a decent, simple 2-track portable hard disk recorder with digital inputs that could be used as a “Bit-bucket” for the ADI2 pro?  I would essentially be using the rme as the AD/DA interface.   I am aware of the Tascam DA-3000, curious if there are other options.  It doesn’t look like the rme could work as a front-end dsd converter for the tascam but looks like PCM would work fine, is that correct?

... a used iPhone or iPad with Recording Software.

4 (edited by apesusetools 2022-02-16 16:01:14)

Thanks for the suggestions.  I have used my iPad as a bit bucket with the ADI-2 pro but since I am usually a musician and engineer in my sessions I am looking for the simplest set-up possible.  The UCXII looks like a promising possibility.

apesusetools wrote:

...since I am usually a musician and engineer in my sessions I am looking for the simplest set-up possible.  The UCXII looks like a promising possibility.

For pro-level recordings you can‘t go much simpler than this, except maybe dedicated field recorders can compete - in some way.