Topic: Export Configuration

I spent a few hours getting to know all the settings of the ADI-2 Pro FS R BE and dialing in some specific settings. I saved it as a preset.

However, I just ordered a new unit to be my dedicated mobile unit.

Is there a way to transfer a preset from one unit to another without manually recreating it?

2 (edited by ning 2022-02-17 02:46:41)

Re: Export Configuration

> Is there a way to transfer a preset from one unit to another without manually recreating it?

Currently no. The topic was discussed multiple times but unfortunately it's not implemented. Theoretically you can use an eeprom reader to read the data out.

> However, I just ordered a new unit to be my dedicated mobile unit.

I have the same problem --- now the border is reopen and I can travel from time to time. For mobile use I made a simple program which is modeled after ADI-2 DAC's pipeline. All user facing DSPs (EQ, Loudness, B/T, etc) are available. I even recreated the Spectral Analyzer screen myself. So now I can travel without bringing the unit at all...

Sorry, no way. But going through the menus is quick when doing this side by side.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Jperkins 2022-02-17 03:08:15)

ning wrote:

> Is there a way to transfer a preset from one unit to another without manually recreating it?

Currently no. The topic was discussed multiple times but unfortunately it's not implemented. Theoretically you can use an eeprom reader to read the data out.

> However, I just ordered a new unit to be my dedicated mobile unit.

I have the same problem --- now the border is reopen and I can travel from time to time. For mobile use I made a simple program which is modeled after ADI-2 DAC's pipeline. All user facing DSPs (EQ, Loudness, B/T, etc) are available. I even recreated the Spectral Analyzer screen myself. So now I can travel without bringing the unit at all, and it's possible to make any audio interface feel like an ADI-2...

Thanks for the info. The eeprom route is probably not worth the trouble here. Hopefully it becomes an option someday,

Not just for transferring to other devices but with any software I use, I'm a bit OCD about saving a backup of all settings for if/when I get a new device, or the device is stolen, dies, etc.

It would be nice to able to stash a config export on Dropbox for future use.