Topic: Babyface 1st gen, totalmix fx reverb, *.tmrv files

Hi everyone!

I'm using a babyface (1st gen) with totalmix fx.

I've read in some other post in the forum that the reverb in totalmix fx isn't good because it uses the internal processing of the babyface instead of relying on the cpu.

I don't know how bad the reverb feature is, if it is good enough or really bad, all I know is that I'm not pleased with it, but I'm hopping I can't manage to get a nice reverb only because I'm used to the reaverb reraper pluggin ( that uses files with presets like "cathedral", "small hall", "vocal pit" Those work perfectly in reaper). I'm also used to the reverb presets on my lexicon mx200, but it would probably be complicated to use it with my babyface, I'm also giving a though about it but that's another subject for witch I will open another thread.

I'm really not used to create reverb by myself and always used presets that I sometimes tweaked more or less.

So my question is: Is there a way to get good reverb with a babyface 1st in totalmix fx ?

Apparently you can load some kind of presets (*.tmrv files) But I couldn't find any of these files online so far. Totalmix fx has very few presets and none of them satisfied me. I don't see myself using them for monitoring.

Thanks.

Re: Babyface 1st gen, totalmix fx reverb, *.tmrv files

There is no way to integrate plugins or the like, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

3 (edited by sbcrikey 2022-02-23 01:49:46)

Re: Babyface 1st gen, totalmix fx reverb, *.tmrv files

actually, Daniel, wouldn't that be possible with the techniques discussed in this tutorial by Adrian and Joost?  I know technically it isn't happening inside Totalmix but could be an option here if one wanted other types of plugins or, in this case a different reverb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ95oc6zO3w

This is with using LiveProfessor and VST plugins.

-Steve