Topic: ADI-2 DAC FS - Volume Issues

I am a very new user and am using the ADI-2 DAC FS with a Roon Nucleus B.   

My volume appears to be "fixed" and I am unable to figure out how to allow me to control it from my remote. 

Aggravating the problem, my ADI-2 DAC FS keeps going completely dark after about 5 seconds.  It doesn't give me time to work through the difficult interface.  It is also on a very low shelf that requires me to work on it on my knees.  I am guessing there is no way to be able to work on the device from a MAC while sitting in my listening chair. 

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  I love the hi-res files being processed.  Great DAC.  Steve H

Re: ADI-2 DAC FS - Volume Issues

The Auto Dark Mode switch is on, that is causing the lights out situation. And it seems you have activated Lock Volume as well.

Both can be reset to default settings by loading the Factory preset from the Setups menu. That has to be done on the front panel control menu.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I just got my Roon Nucleus working with the ADI-2 DAC FS and I worry that if I load the factory resets it may not allow the 2 to communicate without other adjustments. 

I am willing to try however.  Can you be more specific about how to load the factory resets?  I know I first need to hit the Settings Button, but then what?  Thanks, Steve

Press the SETUP button. Turn the (1) knob until Setups is shown on the top line. Turn the (2) knob on the Setup Select line until you pass Load 9 and find Factory. Push the (2) knob to move down to the Start - Press 1s line. Hold the (2) knob pushed in for 1 second to load the Factory setup. The Press 1s text will be replaced with Done.

The unit should work straight away with your streamer with the default setup.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.