Topic: ADI-2 product suggestion

Your headphone inputs and DSP functions are impressive but some of us don't need them.  Hope you consider a lower cost product that omits them without compromising the quality of your clocking, conversion and output stages.  Thank you for considering.
cheers, Tom

Re: ADI-2 product suggestion

Is this not what you want?
https://www.rme-audio.com/ADI-2-FS.html

It does have a headphone Output, however.

3 (edited by TomJ 2022-03-02 05:07:11)

Even simpler - no AD, DD or AA, no headphone amp, just the same DA performance and analog stage as the ADI-2 DAC FS plus digital volume control (can be 32 bit on the DAC chip) and remote.
cheers, Tom

RME won't have commercial success releasing such product --- nowadays superb DA quality devices with digital volume control cost as little as $100, and there's no point for RME to compete in this market.
People buy RME because of its proprietary technology.

5 (edited by TomJ 2022-03-02 07:52:45)

"superb DA quality devices with digital volume control cost as little as $100..."
Fully balanced with the build quality, QA, reliability and customer support of the ADI-2?

6 (edited by TomJ 2022-03-02 09:20:27)

Here's one comp for example, although with some differences (ES90382QM, AES, internal LPS, USB software interface for settings mgmt and FW updates). Just started shipping, initial sales are strong from what I hear.
https://mytek.audio/shop/lbrt-dac-ii-li … -287#attr=

7 (edited by KaiS 2022-03-02 09:24:14)

TomJ wrote:

Here's one comp for example, although with some differences (AES, internal LPS, software interface for settings mgmt and FW updates). Just started shipping, initial sales are strong from what I hear.
https://mytek.audio/shop/lbrt-dac-ii-li … -287#attr=

If you compare with this one I don’t get your point – ADI-2 DAC offers more for less $$$.

Otherwise the market is stuffed with DACs of all flavors at all thinkable price-points.

First you want a product at lower cost, then you name another one cost much more..... What do you need actually?

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen

9 (edited by TomJ 2022-03-02 10:47:47)

"What do you need actually?"  As stated above.  Not buying the Mytek, prefer an RME product. 
"I don’t get your point.."  The Mytek link pertains to "no market b/c $100 alternatives".  Mytek thinks there is a market.
"market is stuffed with DACs of all flavors..."  With RME build quality, QA, reliability and customer support?

Wiiii, Wiiiiihh!

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

11 (edited by KaiS 2022-03-02 14:22:56)

TomJ wrote:

"market is stuffed with DACs of all flavors..."  With RME build quality, QA, reliability and customer support?

I didn’t buy my ADI-2 Pro for it being an RME product, although this fact was very welcome.

I did buy it for it’s unique features.
I have a bunch of other DA’s that I used before.

Otherwise in my recording studio I’m a happy RME user for more than two decades now, with RME caring for all interfacing and the majority of AD-DA conversion.

12 (edited by TomJ 2022-03-02 17:00:32)

Nice, thanks!  In my next DAC I'm looking for build quality, reliability and support more than features.  I've used Mytek for the past 10 years, disappointed with their product support.  I use a miniDSP SHD Studio for DSP and streaming, happy with them. 
cheers, Tom

TomJ wrote:

Nice, thanks!  In my next DAC I'm looking for build quality, reliability and support more than features.  I've used Mytek for the past 10 years, disappointed with their product support.  I use a miniDSP SHD Studio for DSP and streaming, happy with them. 
cheers, Tom

Yes, no user manul of Mytek Liberty Dac II available at their website .....

Pacifist, dumb, not stupid
Listen music out from a box which sounds
Reading words on paper/ screen