Topic: UFX II in Quad?

Hi,

I need to play back some quad (LR/LsRs) recordings in a class.  Is there a way to get the volume encoder on the front of the UFX to control 4 outputs, not just 2?  Ideally, I can do this from the unit and not need TotalMix, but I can use it if needed.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: UFX II in Quad?

In TMfx shift click main fader + any output fader you like. Save state to device. This might work for standalone. It should be linked to your devices volume control

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

I never really use standalone. I have a 2.1 setup there the sub channel is a summed stereo mono out. The output channels are linked and controllable from device and TMfx so I suppose it works when PC is off.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Fader grouping is not available stand-alone.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It would probably be a convenient feature. The manual is a bit fuzzy or misleading on the subject..

Does that mean I can't create a fader group in standalone, or that it won't work in standalone even if setup ahead in TotalMix?  Setting it up and sending to hardware is a better option for me than controlling with TotalMix during the event.

bheller wrote:

Does that mean I can't create a fader group in standalone, or that it won't work in standalone even if setup ahead in TotalMix?  Setting it up and sending to hardware is a better option for me than controlling with TotalMix during the event.

Its what the man says. That setting isnt stored to the device. No fader groups in standalone, but if you have a PC with TMfx connected you can control the volume of the fader group from the volume knob at your UFX. As long as the fader group is linked to main out in TMfx.

Or use half-standalone - control TM FX with an iPad.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME