Topic: Babyface pro fs stays on from usb hub

I have decided recently to have my Babyface connected along with all other relevant cubase usb components to a powered usb hub. In this manner I can switch between two computers by simply connecting only the usb hub to each computer.
I noticed though that since the usb hub is powered externally when I turn off the computer the Babyface stays on, even when the usb cable connecting the hub is removed from the computer. Then when I connect it to one of the computers, the BBface turns off and then on again.
Is this normal ?
Can it cause a problem perhaps?
Should I make sure it turns off by turning everything off?

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200

Re: Babyface pro fs stays on from usb hub

Should not be a problem. But proper way of doing it would be to power off the hub, change the connection, repower the hub.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Should not be a problem. But proper way of doing it would be to power off the hub, change the connection, repower the hub.

Thanks

One thing I did not mention.
I also have the power supply for the BBF but I bought it just to use it when the BBF is used stand-alone.
What is the recommened use for this?
I mean, should I power the BBF at all times with its own power supply regardless (as stated above) I use the powered usb at the same time? Or not (I have to use a powered usb because it also powers my midi kbd)

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200

d.panagiotidis wrote:

One thing I did not mention.
I also have the power supply for the BBF but I bought it just to use it when the BBF is used stand-alone.
What is the recommened use for this?
I mean, should I power the BBF at all times with its own power supply regardless (as stated above) I use the powered usb at the same time? Or not (I have to use a powered usb because it also powers my midi kbd)

I have exactly the same question as you.

https://soundcloud.com/endocriner
Babyface pro fs, H110M-D rev.4211, W10, Bitwig 4.0.1, Adam A7

No need for external power if sufficient USB power is present...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

RME Support wrote:

No need for external power if sufficient USB power is present...

in my case when on the same port there is also a midi kbd (at most times power hungry) I find that I need to power either the usb hub or the RME. Otherwise the RME keeps ticking...

Dimitris