Topic: Rack-mount UCX ii and temperature

Hi, I'm making a playback rig, which includes my UCX ii rack mounted into it.

Since the device can get pretty hot just when using it on top of my desktop, do I have to worry about packing it up next to other mounted gear?

2 (edited by Thermaltake 2022-03-07 07:07:16)

Re: Rack-mount UCX ii and temperature

I have UCX II, and believe me that card comparing to other RME cards like FF400 or Multiface is dealing with temperature just fine.
I was scared to put my FF400 and Multiface in rack they were so hot you couldn't put your hand on top of them especially during the hot days in summer. In studio we have all are RME cards in racks for years now, nothing ever happend to them. But I DIY and put huge silent fan to push air In and one fan to pull air Out on the back of mounting racks, and everything is cool in rack as it should be.

Re: Rack-mount UCX ii and temperature

Thermaltake wrote:

I have UCX II, and believe me that card comparing to other RME cards like FF400 or Multiface is dealing with temperature just fine.
I was scared to put my FF400 and Multiface in rack they were so hot you couldn't put your hand on top of them especially during the hot days in summer. In studio we have all are RME cards in racks for years now, nothing ever happend to them. But I DIY and put huge silent fan to push air In and one fan to pull air Out on the back of mounting racks, and everything is cool in rack as it should be.

Thank you for your reply. Ok, will probably try to add some fans just to be safe, but good to hear it shouldn't be a problem.