1 (edited by d.panagiotidis 2022-03-05 07:45:48)

Topic: Can we get 5.1 playback with BBF?

I don't know if this has been answered before, but is there a possibility to get 5.1 discrete chanels from a BBF and a behringer ADA8200 via ADAT?

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200

Re: Can we get 5.1 playback with BBF?

That's fully described in the manual's chapter 9.2.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

thanks.
I'll have a look

Dimitris
Ryzen5 3600XT, Nvidia 1650, Win 10, Cubase 11 pro, BBF ProFS, Rode NT1a, CC121, ADA8200

I did have a look but so far I could not understand what settings I need to make in both windows 10 and the BBF.
I use my BBF with a behringer ada8200 connected with adat.
What I expect to see in total mix is 3 stereo channels activated, but so far only two are active.
Would someone be kind enough to explain the procedure?

Dimitris

Have you set the optical input to adat in settings?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

6 (edited by MetalHeadKeys 2022-03-08 04:25:55)

Hello!

@d.panagiotidis
You, also, need to set number of WDM Devices to "3", in the BF Pro Driver Settings!
Or, if you want to use only your Behringer's Outputs, set it to "5", and select the ADAT Outs in Windows Sound Settings!

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632

7 (edited by d.panagiotidis 2022-03-08 11:20:04)

this is a screenshot of what I have done
What i expect (correct me if I am wrong) is to get in the hardware output section of the BBF the adat 1/2 3/4 5/6 active whereas I now get an 1/2 (my speakers), as 1/2 my computer sound and adat 3/4 which at the moment I am not sure what it is
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qw5u5mbrwvf36 … 8.jpg?dl=0

Dimitris

8 (edited by mkok 2022-03-08 11:47:06)

They are active as it looks like that is all you are sending audio to. From your screen shot you only have anything hitting adat 3/4
On the outputs you must also have adat 3/4 turned up on an 1/2 and as 1/2 as I see a signal on those.

From what are you outputting? Does it have the ability to output to multiple outs? Meaning from the software can you choose what goes to which output? If this is for 5.1 then the software needs configuring so left and right goes out to a discrete output pair, rear left and right to a different output pair and sub to an output. If you have nowhere to control this from you can’t do it. You can’t control it from TotalMix

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok wrote:

They are active as it looks like that is all you are sending audio to. From your screen shot you only have anything hitting adat 3/4
On the outputs you must also have adat 3/4 turned up on an 1/2 and as 1/2 as I see a signal on those.

From what are you outputting? Does it have the ability to output to multiple outs? Meaning from the software can you choose what goes to which output? If this is for 5.1 then the software needs configuring so left and right goes out to a discrete output pair, rear left and right to a different output pair and sub to an output. If you have nowhere to control this from you can’t do it. You can’t control it from TotalMix

thanks
i am playing a region 2 dvd on PowerDVD and I have set the main menu to Dolby 5.1.
So the DVD outputs 5.1 but I don't know what else I must do in Win10

Dimitris

I made some progress
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vnpyqg2jgjsgv … 9.jpg?dl=0

the manual says I must select the spdif option from the software but this did not work. It worked with "system default - 6 speakers".
Now what I don't understand is what I get. On the BBF software playback I get AN 1/2 PH 3/4 AS 1/2, and then on hardware outputs I get AN 1/2 AS 1/2 and ADAT 3/4 (I still did not check what really comes out there) but I was expecting to get everyting on the ADAT channels... so that I could get cables from the back of the ADA8200 and send to speakers....

Dimitris

The output is what you want it to be. If you click on an output then all the faders on the inputs are available for that output. You just have to turn up the one you want. So if you want adat 3/4 to play what’s coming in on an 1/2 then click on adat 3/4 on bottom row and turn all faders down except an 1/2. Then if you want adat 5/6 to have as 1/2 click on adat 5/6 and turn all faders down except as 1/2

Your missing how TotalMix works. Every output you click on can have different virtual outputs mixed on them (virtual are the ones top right on your screenshot. It’s up to you to go on each one by clicking on it and then turning up on the virtual slider what you want to come out of it.

mkok wrote:

The output is what you want it to be. If you click on an output then all the faders on the inputs are available for that output. You just have to turn up the one you want. So if you want adat 3/4 to play what’s coming in on an 1/2 then click on adat 3/4 on bottom row and turn all faders down except an 1/2. Then if you want adat 5/6 to have as 1/2 click on adat 5/6 and turn all faders down except as 1/2

Your missing how TotalMix works. Every output you click on can have different virtual outputs mixed on them (virtual are the ones top right on your screenshot. It’s up to you to go on each one by clicking on it and then turning up on the virtual slider what you want to come out of it.

Understood. OK
but can you make it clear for me with those default names for the outputs?
I understand that AN 1/2 are the analog speaker outputs. PH 3/4 are the headphones. The AS 1/2 why are they named as such? It would be more obvious to be ADAT 1/2...

Dimitris

The AS 1/2 why are they named as such? It would be more obvious to be ADAT 1/2...

They also work for optical SPDIF, alternately.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.