Topic: [Solved] Saffire Pro 40 as Slave for Babyface Pro - no input via ADAT

Dear all,
I'm facing a problem I cannot understand by now.

I'm using a RME Babyface Pro as my main interface for recording etc. Now I simply wanted to extend my number of inputs via ADAT with a Focusrite Safire Pro 40. My Pro 40 was checked and set on another PC as Listening for a ADAT-Clock with 48 kHz and actually it is syncing with Babyface, which is set as Master with 48 kHz (2 way  with 2 Toslink Cables). The Input Status in the Fireface USB Settings says it's in sync, the LED on the Focusrite says it is locked. So if I plug something into an input on the Pro 40 I can see the Input indication on the Focusrite, I can level etc, but there is absolutely no signal coming to the Babyface. If I record in a DAW all ADAT inputs from the Pro 40 are perfectly zero, even if all additional ADAT inputs show up and can be selected. Of course, total mix also is showing no input from the Pro 40 at all.

What do I miss?

All software and firmware are latest available versions.

I thank you all in advance.

Re: [Solved] Saffire Pro 40 as Slave for Babyface Pro - no input via ADAT

Have you got an optical cable from the pro 40 out to the bf in?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Yes, I do.

And is it set to adat on the bf? I’m using a Behringer ada8200 which works great. I did have an old Safire and that also worked well.

It sounds like the optical link from Saffire  to bf is not working. The other is working as you have sync. Have you tried sending audio out of the saffire making sure that works ( I suspect it does)

For a test you could make the saffire master and bf slave. This way the sync will go over the other optical cable. If it doesn’t sync then the optical cable could be the problem.

Swap over the optical cables and see what happens.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Thanks for your hints mkok, I'm gonna try it out and check back then to inform you.

Thanks, toslink cables were working without troubles. The problem was a missconfiguration of the Hardware Saved Preset of the Pro 40, where the Analog Ins were not correctly routed to the ADAT-Ins. Now working smile