Topic: My UFX II is not connecting Via USB anymore

My interface as with all my gear is connected to a good surge/power conditioner that is connected to a UPS that is connected to a voltage regulator. I think I have my equipment fairly well protected.

I use this unit 3 days a week about 8 hours each day. Unit is turned on before the PC and turned off after PC is off. Unit has been working flawlessly since I bought it in November 2019 and can't imagine why it's failing to work now all of a sudden.

When I turn on the unit it goes through its normal startup lights then the lights go off and only meter screen is on, no Host light. My Arc also goes through its normal initialization but does not function as I programmed it.

Totalmix does not appear anymore on the taskbar and does not show up in Windows task manager or Windows Apps anymore even after installing it again. It also does not show in device manager anymore either.

I tested with two other USB cables I use for my keyboards in every USB port on my PC to no avail.

I decided to connect it to my other PC. I installed the driver and connected the unit and got the same result, Still no connection in any UBS ports, no Host Light and Totalmix is not loading on the taskbar, task manager, or seen in device manager and Windows Apps.

I Factory reset the unit and still no connection. The unit is not in CC mode.

With the unit not connected to a PC I set one of the mic inputs to instrument and tested a guitar and I got a signal though I don't know how to get the sound out of my monitors or headphones. I never used the unit as a standalone. My Arc has stand alone functions.

I then tested a mic preamp using both a ribbon and condenser mic and they are working.
I'm guessing the USB port on the unit decided to die.

2 (edited by Wallace 2022-03-16 11:39:16)

Re: My UFX II is not connecting Via USB anymore

I have this model too and I'm very happy with it.
You've done all the tests I would, so I can't offer anything other than support.
I think it's time for a visit to a service centre.
Although, you might want to wait a day or two to see if anyone else chimes in with suggestions.

I hope you get it sorted. Please update this thread once resolved.
Best of luck.

Re: My UFX II is not connecting Via USB anymore

Thanks Wallace. I'm sure you are right. I can't think of anything more and neither can RME support. I called Synthax Inc for an RMA to get it repaired. I'm hoping this isn't a costly repair as it's only a little over two years old. I'm pretty disappointed it would break down so soon as I don't use it extensively.  It's a great interface though and worth keeping. The price of a new one went up dramatically so I'm not considering buying another one.

BobV