Topic: ARC mono button and phones outputs

So I don't know if something changed or if its always been this way, but I have a Fireface UFX II and an M1 Mac mini  running Monterey 12.2 / TotalMix 1.75. when listening through headphones plugged into phones 1 or 2 the mono button on the ARC does not work. I seem to recall that it used to. Up until about 6 months ago I used to run a windows 10 PC if perhaps that's what changed... Everything works fine through the main stereo outs.

Can any one confirm and shed light?

Re: ARC mono button and phones outputs

Same here. I run an UCX II on a Win11 PC and the mono button on the ARC does not respond on headphones.
This is very important to me but I don`t know how to change this... :-(
Anyone in the know?

3 (edited by sbcrikey 2022-03-17 23:20:36)

do any of the ARC buttons flash randomly for either of you? reason I ask is that I have two RME USB interfaces (BBF Pro FS and UCXII) as well as an HDSP9652 in my desktop PC. If I hook up more than one RME device the ARC only likes one controlling device so I have to deselect a box in Totalmix settings otherwise some of the buttons would flash and the ARC would act strangely. I'll look at my thread about it and update here when I have the location.

Not saying this is the issue for either of you. Just a thought about what it could be.

-Steve

**I'm away from my system right now, but in the off chance you do have two RME devices, you'll need to go into your Totalmix settings and find the ARC and Key Commands settings and deselect whatever RME device you're NOT using to get any flashing buttons to stop. I'm thinking this might also solve any irregular behavior like buttons not working correctly. Good luck!

The Mono button in TM FX does not work for (assigned) Phones, only Main Out, so why should that work with the ARC USB?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME