1 (edited by Solarion42 2022-03-18 07:37:56)

Topic: which Madi stagebox will work with the UFX+ ?

this information is not published on manufacturers websites for obvious reasons so I'm asking here ..

I'm thinking of purchasing a UFX+ and using it as a digital mixer for side gigs , there are adat options to increase I\O but Madi seems more convenient with longer cable runs so I can have the computer in FOH instead of on stage , allowing me also to run some plugins and controlling them in hybrid setup.
also useful as I will be doing some occasional streaming , so I definitely needs the computer in front of me , running OBS and such ..

2 (edited by ramses 2022-03-28 11:18:19)

Re: which Madi stagebox will work with the UFX+ ?

MADI is a standard, I would expect every device with MADI module to work over MADI.
Patch cables you can get up to approx 50m, max length 2km between each of the devices in a MADI ring.

You could also use RME preamps and AD/DA converter instead of a stagebox to still be able to operate them on stage through the display or to remote control them.

Once the promised Auxdevice support will be there for the 12Mic, you could even store the settings in TM FX snapshots.
For the time being RME developed an application named "MIDI remote" for the devices 12Mic and AVB Tool.
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33276

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Does the 4 channel AVB Tool Mic Preamp work with a UFX+ over madi?

It wouldn't be for a stage box, but for some additional I/O.

THx

UFX+, Reaper, Ableton, Mac, Drummer, Modular, Norns/PiSound/Organelle....

Sure, you can route analog and/or AVB input channels to MADI, and connect to the UFX+.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I do not see any reason why it shouldn't support this.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13