1 (edited by sbcrikey 2022-03-21 00:46:44)

Topic: How does RME recommend we update drivers/firmware

I have a question that I'm hoping RME and users of RME can offer input. Is it expected that we update device drivers and firmware just because there's an update to install?

I'm asking because my Babyface Pro FS and UCXII are both less than 3 months old and are working perfectly with my PC and my laptop (for location recording) right now. Versions are as follows:

UCXII: driver ver. 1.219, hardware rev. 39
BBF Pro FS 1.219, hardware rev. 198

My PC is running Windows 8 and I have an HDSP9652 (ver. 4.36) installed that is also working great and playing nice with both of these USB interfaces. I usually go by the old adage, if it ain't broke, don't fix it so I'm reluctant to just update everything as a matter of course. I tried looking around for what the updates are fixing but couldn't find a description anywhere. Perhaps I just need to download the updated driver zipfile for that.

In any case, how are folks here handling updates and what does RME recommend?

Thanks so much!

-Steve

**by the way, as for the HDSP9652, it's an older card and the driver details didn't mention what the firmware/hardware revision is so I'm not sure I should even mess with the flash updater. Thoughts about that???

Re: How does RME recommend we update drivers/firmware

Download the FUT zip and driver zip, unpack it, then read the readme. It has all the information that you need to determine whether an update makes sense for you and your unit or not.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: How does RME recommend we update drivers/firmware

Thank you Matthias! I will do that.