1 (edited by Peng Huang 2016-02-21 04:30:31)

Topic: How To Exit Snapshot

Hi, I bought Fireface 802 yesterday and I want to know how to exit snapshot model. I click snapshot and store it, but I don't want to see the flashlight of snapshot window now when I change anything in my current mix so anyone could help me to exit the snapshot model? THX!!!

Chinese User. Beijing Film Academy Sound Dept.

Re: How To Exit Snapshot

The flashing tells you that your current state does not equal the formerly stored Snapshot anymore. Because you moved a fader since then.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by Peng Huang 2016-02-21 04:29:50)

yup I know. but when I opened the Total Mix first time and did not click anything, the snapshot window was dark.

Sorry, My expression is not clear. I just want to turn off the snapshot window light.

That is only posssible by setting back TM FX to initial state, means manually deleting all TM FX files (and never storing any snapshot..). The path of these files is mentioned in the manual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Wow! Thank you very much!

the same happens to me

MC wrote:

means manually deleting all TM FX files (and never storing any snapshot..).

where are those files?

cheers music festival

https://soundcloud.com/endocriner
Babyface pro fs, H110M-D rev.4211, W10, Bitwig 4.0.1, Adam A7

just curious why you would want to delete those snapshot files? there's been a few threads recently where folks don't want to see the snapshot blinking light or maybe don't want to even use snapshots. it confuses me a little because if it's such a disturbance, how would deleting snapshot files resolve the situation? the snapshot mix buttons are still going to be available.

If someone is snapshot averse, why not just minimize them completely by clicking on the down arrow and remove them completely from view?

sbcrikey wrote:

just curious why you would want to delete those snapshot files?

it's an obsession of mine... for wanting to have control of everything... it's like I have a new plugin I want to understand its behavior well... so I open an instance of vst Bertom and start moving knobs

obsessive compulsive

https://soundcloud.com/endocriner
Babyface pro fs, H110M-D rev.4211, W10, Bitwig 4.0.1, Adam A7