1 (edited by danreid 2022-03-25 00:08:32)

Topic: Need to reinstall drivers each time I boot my laptop (Intel) [Solved]

Hi,

I recently purchased a Babyface Pro FS. I downloaded the latest drivers for macOS 11 online a plugged in the device. I followed the installation instructions (including those relating to Security) and everything worked as expected. However, when I turned on my laptop the next day, TotalMix and the Fireface USB Settings apps didn't open automatically as expected.

If i manually opened the Fireface USB Settings app it would list the device with the sample rate defaulted to 32khz (which I thought was odd), but if when I manually opened TotalMix it didn't pick up the device at all. If I download the driver again and do a reinstall it seems to solve to problem but I'm having to do that each time a boot my laptop.

Would appreciate any advice on how to troubleshoot the issue.

I have tried to update the firmware, but when I download the update app nothing happens when I click the "update" button.

System/ Device Info
macOS 11.6
MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i5

Babyface Pro FS
Driver: v3.27
Firmware: v130

Re: Need to reinstall drivers each time I boot my laptop (Intel) [Solved]

The Monterey OS update seems to have resolved this trouble. If you can't update for some reason, see instructions at the link below to reset the corrupted Mac security system kernel extension whitelist. This will block all KEXTs and then you can re-enable them. It's possible the same problem can come back if you install a new kernel extension as part of a driver or app update.

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Okay, thanks will see if the update to Monterey resolves the problem and report back.

Okay, the update has completed and it seems to have worked. I re-ran the installer, restarted my computer, and when it rebooted everything worked as expected.

Though, strangely, I did get a message saying:

Existing software on your system loaded a system extension signed by RME GmbH, which will be incompatible with a future version of macOS

Hopefully that won't cause any problems for now though!

It's just a notice, RME is working on a new driver for this incompatible "future version of macOS".

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

See here:

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35063

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME