Topic: Lock individual channels

I have managed to screw up the CV coming out through the Adat several times now.
If it is not possible to lock individual channels I can see why, you would probably be flooded with posts why the faders won´t move.
I guess I need to hide the Adat all together.
Have a good day!

2 (edited by ramses 2021-02-09 09:04:43)

Re: Lock individual channels

Could you kindly describe more verbose what you want to achieve and what the actual problem is.
Best with a step by step description so that one is able to repeat your steps up to the problem.
What do you mean by "locking a channel" ?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

..and hiding the channels once set correctly is the right way to go.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

ramses wrote:

Could you kindly describe more verbose what you want to achieve and what the actual problem is.
Best with a step by step description so that one is able to repeat your steps up to the problem.
What do you mean by "locking a channel" ?

Preferences - Lock User Interface

I would like Preferences -Lock Adat Channels

If I move a fader by accident the Control Voltage is altered. I still want to see the signal but I want the fader  locked.

5 (edited by steffolino 2021-02-09 09:57:50)

MC wrote:

Thanks, I guess that is the best way.

Many thanks for explaining, I never needed this, so I completely forgot that such a feature exists wink

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

MC wrote:

I also want the ability to lock a channel.

- Want to lock the level slider, EQ, etc from being tampered with.
- Still want to assign inputs to the channel by selecting it and raising the level of those channels.

So...hiding wont help.

Thoughts?

You might have missed a middle approach. At the bottom right of any channel is a small arrow. If you click on it the channel will collapse and only show the level meter. In this state you can select it as submix, but can't access the fader.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh I see, its not a bad solution. thanks!