Topic: UFXII and Babyface Pro as aggregate device question

Im about to buy a UFXII for a new studio install and was going to buy the ARC controller to control the UFX and 16 external ADAT preamps. However I have a Babyface Pro which I love and was wondering if this could negate the need for the ARC (plus give me a few extra i/o to my setup).
I've not used an aggregate device so wanted to check if this would work....
If I connected the Babyface Pro and also the UFXII with 16 ADAT connected preamps (2 Audient ASP800) as aggregate devices in Logic can i then use the Babyface as a volume, dim, mono controller for the entire system (which would be the 4 preamps in the BF, 4 preamps in the UFX and 16 preamps in the 2 Audients connected by ADAT)
Not sure if this would work or if I have to forget about the Babyface and go with the ARC if using the UFX and ADAT pre's
Thanks!!!

Re: UFXII and Babyface Pro as aggregate device question

Hi Jason smile

My first thought is that you'd really only be able to use the BBF for the respective inputs/outputs of that device. But depending on how you route your ADAT signals, you would be able to at least control those channels if you have the BBF set to optical. Still, you'd be limited to what you can do compared to the ARC. I have a BBF Pro FS and the UCXII as well as the ARC, which has WAY more functionality for control. That said, the ARC can really only be associated with one interface or you'll get strange behavior with some of the button lights on the ARC.

I highly recommend you get the ARC because there are far more ways to control your setup.

Good luck and enjoy your UFXII

-Steve

Re: UFXII and Babyface Pro as aggregate device question

Thanks Steve

You are confirming therefore what I expected to be the case so I’ll definitely get the ARC