1 (edited by Happy_amateur 2022-03-29 13:43:30)

Topic: UCXII and ARC/USB [Solved]

Scooping for a new product while running out of USB ports I come up with the following question:

Will the ARC control TMfx in Windows connected at the UCXII durec port or do I have to connect at the laptop for full functionality?

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

2 (edited by ramses 2022-03-29 10:41:28)

Re: UCXII and ARC/USB [Solved]

Manual p. 10 (middle of the page) and search document for the string "ARC".

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thnx Ramses, missed that section!

DURec (Remote). Connector for USB stick or USB hard drive. Offers direct recording to / playback from the external memory device. Alternatively connector for the optional Advanced Remote Control USB (ARC USB) when the UCX II is used in stand-alone and Class Compliant
mode. This port can also be used instead of connecting the ARC USB to the computer.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Happy_amateur wrote:

This port can also be used instead of connecting the ARC USB to the computer.

Any chance that also applies to the original FF UFX?

A non-union national read
Demos: brucehayward dot com
Source-Connect: brucehayward

The Weed wrote:
Happy_amateur wrote:

This port can also be used instead of connecting the ARC USB to the computer.

Any chance that also applies to the original FF UFX?

No only UFX II and UFX+ have this dedicated port on the back.
UCX II has a shared port for either DURec or ARC USB (if I remember right).

If you simply want to use ARC USB (-> not in stand-alone mode), then connect ARC USB to the PC.
This is supported for every recording interface with TotalMix FX (so to say all back to ~2002),
even if there was initially no remote planned for them.
This is possible, because TotalMix FX performs the interfacing between recording interface / driver and the ARC USB.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks for the quick reply, much appreciated. I didn't think so, but wanted to check to be sure.

A non-union national read
Demos: brucehayward dot com
Source-Connect: brucehayward