1 (edited by edenrausch 2022-02-07 20:41:34)

Topic: Ufx2, adi-2 pro fs as monitor in total mix

Hello, just hooked up my adi-2 pro to Ufx2.
Thinking it would be nice to have a solid stereo in for recording samples and dedicated monitor out. More I/O

Selected AES as main out. Phones selected as phones both in control room. Both show signal but the fader is inactive? If I choose Phones as AES, a AES hardware out is created instead of phones out in control section.

I’m pretty sure I have the Adi setup properly. Basic ad/da, sync is locked at 48, etc. I’d rather not have to use the volume on the adi. I also have a ARC so this is annoying when working. Of course I could just use the UFX 2 but I’d be loosing I/O and the higher spec for monitoring.

Thanks in advance. It’s probably something simple. I’m just not seeing it.

Cheers
Eden

2 (edited by ramses 2022-02-07 20:15:35)

Re: Ufx2, adi-2 pro fs as monitor in total mix

I have no issues by this, the operation at the ADI-2 for the monitoring is very well.

But if you want, assign the HW output of the UFX II where the ADI-2 Pro is connected to as "Main Out" (ADAT1, ADAT2 or AES) and control the volume level with the ARC USB.

Alternatively it's also possible to connect the ADI-2 Pro to the UFX II through AES and ADAT and then to route the audio signal to either AN1/2 and AN3/4. Then you can control by snapshots / ARC USB whether to route audio to either AES -> AN1/2 or to ADAT 3/4.

See also these two blog articles:

1. Integration into your setup

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … our-Setup/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/2805-RME-ADI-2-Pro-AE-DAC-Integration-into-your-setup-v6-jpg/

2. TM FX / ARC USB support

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ind … ort-DE-EN/

https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/index.php/Attachment/1963-01a-Overview-ADI-2-Pro-TotalMix-FX-ARC-USB-jpg/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I’m still not getting volume control over the output to my monitors via totalmix. The signals are there. I can hear the AES input (turntable) in both control room main (assigned to AES) and phones 1 (assigned to phones). Ha… when I pull down the fader on the main out my headphones attenuate? No volume control for phones.

The USB ARC is the same no main volume or phones.

One possibility is to save the two different routings to two different snapshots, where "Main out" (whose volume is being controlled by ARC USB) is AES or ADAT1.

Snapshot1 - To Main Out (UFX+ AES)     - ADI-2 Pro - AN 1/2
Snapshot2 - To Main Out (UFX+ ADAT1) - ADI-2 Pro - AN 3/4

ADI-2 Pro is connected with 2 different cables to UFX+: AES and ADAT1.
Configure routing on ADI-2 Pro that AES is being routed to AN1/2, ADAT to Ph3/4.

You also should be able to control Phones 1 and Phones 2 by the two buttons on ARC USB.
I do not remember, it could work to assign Phones1 to ADAT1 to control the volume for phones by TM FX / ARC USB.

But then you do not make use of autoreflevel and loudness, why I wouldn't control it through TM FX / ARC USB.
I also control my monitoring on the ADI-2 Pro itself like highlighted in the blog article about integration into your setup.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by edenrausch 2022-02-08 02:22:32)

Yeah, I’m using all 8 adat I/O for cv control. Spdif with my trusty old Adi-1. I also have a UFX+, m-32ad/da, adi-2 fs setup but never tried to use a outboard converter as main control room. It’s kinda driving me nuts.

I’ll keep at it and try to find some work around. Should be easy to just assign both phones and main out as AES. Should also be seamless with the ARC. Then free up the Ucx2’s 1/2 output and even use the headphone out for more cv stuff.

Has anyone having the same issue.
No resolve

Set AES as main out, connect to ADI2pro. Main out fader(or ARC) will attenuate the AES signal to ADI2pro. Thats what you get with one connection. You could set it up with AES and adat and route these to phones and monitor respectively in ADI2pro like @ramses describes, switching between setups with snapshots from ARC.

You cannot set AES to both phones and Main in TMfx.

If youre out of I/O you should try doing your monitor and phones control from ADI2pro, way better feature set anyway.

ADI-2 DAC, ADI-2 PRO, DigifaceUSB, UCXII, ARC, HEGEL.h80, KEF.ls50, HD650, ie400pro _,.\''/.,_

Thanks… I have it sorted now. Settings were incorrect. Snapshots are working great. Takes a minute setup.