Topic: [Solved] FF UFXII SPDIF into AES input issue

Hi!

I‘m trying to record guitar from my Kemper Stage Profiler with as little conversion as possible.

The Stage has a Cinch s/pdif out with selectable sample rate.

I connected it to the UFXII‘s AES input via a simple adapter cable from thomann which according to reviews should be working.

However, mine doesn’t get a stable sync at 44.1 kHz. Funnily enough, it does at higher sample rates. I do get a clicky artefact on transients, though.

I don’t see any setting to switch the AES IN to s/pdif consumer levels, so is it possible that the lower sample rate is just at the input‘s threshold?

Would the 48 khz and above generate just enough rms? Or is the peak relevant for the sync?

Would a cable with a 1:1.1 transformer included which also converts from 75 Ohms to 110 Ohm solve the issue?

Re: [Solved] FF UFXII SPDIF into AES input issue

This sounds more like you did not set the UFX II to sync to its AES input. Yes/No?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah, you're right, Matthias.

Somehow, I thought that I didn't have to do that for an s/pdif device. And the different voltages looked like the best explanation.

Alright, learned something new again.

One last question: I don't have to worry about the precision of the Master's clock - the SteadyClock will ensure that the rest of the chain doesn't lose any precision in case the Kemper ever jitters, right?

Steadyclock removes any jitter, see video:
DE: https://www.rme-audio.de/steadyclock-fs.html
EN: https://www.rme-audio.de/de_steadyclock-fs.html

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

When the Kemper jitters check the tremolo arm of your guitar.

wink

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

When the Kemper jitters check the tremolo arm of your guitar.

wink

That’s called vibrato and is part of my artistic expression