Topic: Feature request - display volume level in task bar or popup

It would be great when one would see the actual volume level which is set via the encoder, without the need to open the TotalMix window. This could be done with

• Icon in the Windows task bar
    and / or

• overlay on the main screen which fades away after a moment

BTW, could also be used for any level which is set via the encoder, so also for the phantom power for example. :-)

Re: Feature request - display volume level in task bar or popup

Speak loud : Siri ! Open Totalmix !

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

I do not use Apple devices any longer. So Siri won't listen to me. It would just be very convinient when a popup would show the level when changing that -- without the need to have the Totalmix window opened. :-)

I have TotalMix on my iPad so I don’t have to bring it up on my pc.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Sure there are other workflows (with iPad and so one) where one does not need that feature. Using a Babyface under Windows this feature would be quite handy for me and I think also for other users in similar situation as well. :-)

I use the Babyface "for whatever" and have "whatever-program" in the foreground, after I have set up everything in TM. But it is very often that one needs just to adjust the main level, mic level and so on. I can quickly choose the correct channel on the Babyface and make the adjustment there. But I'm flying half blind, because the babyface just shows me roughly the level and I miss the exact number information. Now I have to bring up TM to the front, just to adjust the level precise.

So I think the suggested feature would be a great benefit! :-D

6 (edited by Lerian 2021-05-26 05:01:08)

I wish there was a way to control not the windows software playback but the RME hardware output with keyboard shortcuts (and have OSD volume display when i do that). It would really be a handy thing to have.

Lerian wrote:

I wish there was a way to control not the windows software playback but the RME hardware output with keyboard shortcuts (and have OSD volume display when i do that). It would really be a handy thing to have.

Keyboard shortcuts are possible with a quirky workaround -- I did not bother to follow all the steps to implement -- but you can find the solution posted in the pinned posts of TotalMix.

I think it would be great if Totalmix would offer that feature directly -- without the need for clumsy workarounds.

And of course the OSD level display (for volume, mic level...) would be great! :-)

It's a great idea, and could be really useful, I made a video to simulate working environment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVVZCq69NTo

Yep, that's great. That was what I was thinking. Except that I would prefer to see the numbers as well. :-)

Can you upload the patch for that ? ;-)

rpnfan wrote:

Yep, that's great. That was what I was thinking. Except that I would prefer to see the numbers as well. :-)

Can you upload the patch for that ? ;-)

Of course, I've thought about that at first, but just too lazy to do so(have to use Fusion to make animation), now it has been added, number rolling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZYGISfDyg

Oh, sorry. I think my ;-) made it clear that I was joking. I meant could you upload a software-patch for TM?
But nice work with your video / simulation. Maybe that inspires the RME software team when they get a quiet moment :-)

A reminder for the SW-team that this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8ZYGISfDyg

would be such a great addition to Total Mix :-)

Would have been great if someone pointed me to TotalMix Volume control project for Windows, which in the meantime is mostly the solution I have been looking for. I think that should be part of the standard driver delivered from RME... :-)

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33584

rpnfan wrote:

Would have been great if someone pointed me to TotalMix Volume control project for Windows, which in the meantime is mostly the solution I have been looking for. I think that should be part of the standard driver delivered from RME... :-)

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33584

I thought this user program would be a nice solution, but does not work reliable :-(

I think RME should realize such a solution and not leave that up to users to provide, in my opinion pretty basic (easy volume control!!!!), functionality!

For those on the Mac side of the world, my app does what is asked for in this thread:
ControlPilot for TotalMix FX