1 (edited by charles_29 2022-04-10 13:42:00)

Topic: Bypassing the conversion entirely / UFX+ as monitor controller

Hi

can I use UFX+ as a monitor controller only? I'd like to use its digitally controlled analogue path in order to achieve this. For example

COMPUTER AUDIO > Mytek DA outputs 1/2 > UFX+ analogue inputs 1/2 > UFX+ monitor outputs

If so, how can I achieve this?

Cheers
K

Re: Bypassing the conversion entirely / UFX+ as monitor controller

AFAIK that's not possible. All analog ins go through a/d-conversion.

It could work if you used the UFX+ as your audio interface then connected the Mytek to UFX+ AES or toslink and then from mytek to your monitors. You just need to assign whichever digital output in totalmix as your monitor Main or Monitor B.

Also thinking that even if your workflow didn’t suit using UFX+ as audio interface you could still do it if the Mytek had a digital IO loop. For this you would send from computer to mytek, then digital from mytek to UFX+ digital in, then UFX+ digital out to Mytek digital in, then mytek analog out to monitors.
In Totalmix you route digital in to digital out and assign whichever digital out as monitor main or monitor B. Your UFX+ monitor controller would now be digital.

paulnajar wrote:

Also thinking that even if your workflow didn’t suit using UFX+ as audio interface you could still do it if the Mytek had a digital IO loop. For this you would send from computer to mytek, then digital from mytek to UFX+ digital in, then UFX+ digital out to Mytek digital in, then mytek analog out to monitors.
In Totalmix you route digital in to digital out and assign whichever digital out as monitor main or monitor B. Your UFX+ monitor controller would now be digital.

Thanks. I will try this via ADAT IO on Mytek (there are 2 ADAT ports on a card).
Cheers
K