Topic: Need help controlling Speaker B via OSC using Stream Deck

I'm trying to use my Stream Deck to toggle between Analog 1/2 (Main) and Phones (B). I've tried setting up a toggle:
https://allenrowand.com/imagehosting/Toggle.png

As well as two separate pushbuttons to send numeric values instead of boolean:
https://allenrowand.com/imagehosting/Select_mains.png
https://allenrowand.com/imagehosting/Select_phones.png

My TotalMix settings appear to be correct; OSC Controller 1, in use, host is my laptop, incoming port 7001.

If I run Protokol I see these messages on port 7001:
RECEIVE    | ENDPOINT([::ffff:127.0.0.1]:55029) ADDRESS(/1/mainSpeakerB/) BOOL(TRUE)
RECEIVE    | ENDPOINT([::ffff:127.0.0.1]:55029) ADDRESS(/1/mainSpeakerB/) BOOL(FALSE)
RECEIVE    | ENDPOINT([::ffff:127.0.0.1]:63094) ADDRESS(/1/mainSpeakerB/) FLOAT(0)
RECEIVE    | ENDPOINT([::ffff:127.0.0.1]:53332) ADDRESS(/1/mainSpeakerB/) FLOAT(1)

But there's no response from TotalMix. I've done a ton of searching but haven't found any solutions.

This is on a UCX II running beta driver 4.01. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Allen

UCX II, MacBook Pro 14" Max on whatever OS is latest

2 (edited by ebulb 2022-04-12 03:25:05)

Re: Need help controlling Speaker B via OSC using Stream Deck

does it work if you use another device like touchOSC on tablet ? I have found the local feedback IP (127.0.0.1) can be a bit flaky with some software.. maybe try the router assigned IP for that computer just to see if that's the problem ? also make sure you have no software firewalls while testing.. I'm not great with networking so someone else might chime in with better idea, but i find process of elimination often works..

Not having any luck with TouchOSC either. What's strange is that when I have the TotalMix settings window open TouchOSC sees TotalMix as a host- but it disappears as soon as the settings window is closed.

can you get touchOSC connecting with anything else like a DAW ? did you try the normal release drivers or just the beta ?

I managed to get it working, but not elegantly. I installed Companion, which immediately controlled TotalMix. Then installed the Companion plug-in for Stream Deck which lets me embed Companion buttons in the Stream Deck software.

Iā€™d like to streamline this, but I need to edit a project tomorrow and the switching is more of a priority.

personally i try to avoid middleware... less stuff in the setup the better, but some solution is better than nothing i guess..

ebulb wrote:

personally i try to avoid middleware... less stuff in the setup the better, but some solution is better than nothing i guess..

Agreed, and what's bizarre is that this morning the native Stream Deck OSC plugin works as expected. The issue may have been the trailing slash I originally had in the address.

Thank you for taking the time to respond and offer ideas!

no worries..