Topic: ARC USB Control of Input Gain 5/6, 7/8 on UCX II

Would there be any way to use the ARC USB to control the Input Gain beyond 3/4 (i.e. 5/6, 7/8) on a UCX II?

I'm basically using my UCX II as a mixer in live settings (which is really nice since we're running 4-Ch output sound), and I really would love to have direct control over all my inputs without resorting to mouse-clicking.

Thanks for any suggestions!!

Clint Goss - 2xBF Pro FS, UCX II, UFX II; 3xWin10Pro22H2
WindSynth:Sylphyo Cantabile Ableton Push3S

Re: ARC USB Control of Input Gain 5/6, 7/8 on UCX II

Hi Clint,

if you go to the options in TotalMIX and select "Key Commands" then select ARC USB settings, you'll see how all the buttons are configured and how to assign the encoder to whatever you want. I've not played around with this too much but you can definitely switch the encoder from Main out to Headphone out. maybe you can assign some of the buttons to control different outputs? my gut tells me that there may be way to do what you want but I don't know if it will necessarily be a quick solution if you are trying to mix a show live (and you have to go switch channels in those settings every time you want to change).

but again, I'm not an expert on this but thought I'd point you to that settings box and maybe you can figure out how to get it to work for you.

good luck smile

-Steve

Thanks Steve ... the ARC (and it's associated Key Commands setup panel in TotalMix) is ideal for what I'm doing (including a flock of "Direct Monitoring" stuff, to avoid some Round-Trip-Latency situation).

Control of volumes on outputs are done by assigning channels to Control Room slots (Main Out, Main Out B, Phones 1, Phones 2, ...).

Control of Gain on input channels is done more directly. From the ARC Manual:

Mic Gain 1, Mic Gain 2, Mic Gain 1+2
Inst. Gain 3, Inst. Gain 4, Inst. Gain 3+4
Mic/Inst. Gain 9, Mic/Inst. Gain 10, Mic/Inst. Gain 9+10
Mic/Inst. Gain 11, Mic/Inst. Gain 12, Mic/Inst. Gain 11+12 

However ... you will notice there are no controls for channels between 4 and 9. There's the issue. I had first though there was a missing "..." between the second and third lines, but not so! There seems to be no way to control:

Channel Gain 5, Channel Gain 6, Channel Gain 5+6,
... etc ...

Just want to confirm if there is a way to control those higher channels or whether it is a no-go from the ARC ...

Thanks for any info on this!

Clint Goss - 2xBF Pro FS, UCX II, UFX II; 3xWin10Pro22H2
WindSynth:Sylphyo Cantabile Ableton Push3S

Changing line input gains (12 dB only, and only on select models) was never supported by the ARC. This is intentionally.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME