Topic: Idiot can't operate his RME Fireface UCX

I am an idiot. But how the hell do I get the front knob to control the volume of my main speakers? It seems to be restricted to controlling only my headphone volume.

I indeed have read the manual and attempted to search the net for an answer, but I sit here still an idiot and unable to achieve this. Please help

Re: Idiot can't operate his RME Fireface UCX

Phones is default, that can not be changed. You can control all outputs (like Line 1/2) by pushing the knob and selecting L1, push again, now you change the fader positon in the third row (aka volume) of that output pair.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Phones is default, that can not be changed. You can control all outputs (like Line 1/2) by pushing the knob and selecting L1, push again, now you change the fader positon in the third row (aka volume) of that output pair.

May your days be infinitely blessed. This actually worked... don't know why it's called L1 instead of AN 1/2, but I'm just happy it works. Now I have to figure out if you can control phones/mains simultaneously.

It's called L1 because there are only to 7 segment displays present...

You can easily group Phones and Line output in TotalMix, the unit then automatically controls both.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You can easily group Phones and Line output in TotalMix, the unit then automatically controls both.

Could you elaborate on how to go about grouping the mains with the phones?

6 (edited by ReynoldsWoodcock 2022-04-17 21:50:39)

MC wrote:

Nevermind, I think this explains it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KuIvbW … l=RMEAudio