1 (edited by Marc59200 2022-04-18 22:30:23)

Topic: RME 400 audio input no sound

Hi, I have to work on an old project on an old Mac Pro with Sierra 10.12 and an old version of Digital Perform (DP8). Last time this setup was used (quite a while back), everything worked fine. The RME audio out still works fine, but not the audio input. There is no sound or sign of audio input in DP, or on the RME totalmix, and no audio can be heard. The green light flashes on the RME 400 input 3, where the instrument is plugged in, and the Mac itself shows that the audio is entering the Mac (I can see the bar rise and fall when the instrument is played). But audio input is not showing up in DP or in the RME Totalmix and it cannot be heard on the speakers. I checked the Mac settings and RME is the input and output source. I checked the RME settings and the Channel 3 is set to a good input level. I have the latest update of the RME driver compatible with Sierra. Any ideas what's wrong? Thanks for your help.

Re: RME 400 audio input no sound

Maybe you need to enable the 'microphone' for DP and RME. That's a security feature added at some time by Apple.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias for your quick reply. I already saw that fix in another thread, but for some strange reason the Microphone option is not visible (I'm using Sierra 10.12.6, so maybe that option wasn't available back then). I'm currently trying to reinstall Sierra using the Restore option. Maybe that will fix the problem. If so, I'll let you know.

Nope, problem persists, even with a restored version of Sierra. Any ideas how to fix this problem of audio inputs not being visible in DP8?

Is playback of files working? Or only monitoring through the device via TM FX? Or none of it?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME