Topic: Digiface USB Fifo Errors / Stuttering

Hi

Brand new Digiface owner here.
Unfortunately my new Digiface USB doesnt like my NEC Chipset USB Card. Im getting Fifo Errors as soon as i playback anything.
On the Native USB2.0 Ports of the X570 Chipset it works , but i get Bluescreens from time to time (known x570 usb ish stuff)

The Nec Chipset USB Card saved my life for every audio/midi related stuff , because native amd x570 usb chipset is the worst  ever. So im surprised it isnt compatible with the digiface. Already read some stuff about turning mouse trails off but it didnt helped. Any Ideas ?

Pc Specs:
Ryzen 3700x
MSI x570 Gaming Plus
64GB RAM
Nvidia Asus Dual 3060Ti
Win 10
Newest FW on the Digiface.

Adi2pro - Digiface Usb - Arc - Multiface 1

Re: Digiface USB Fifo Errors / Stuttering

NEC usually works, so this is a special case. As these cards are not expensive I would just try a different one (with a different chipset).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by scare 2022-03-30 20:15:49)

MC wrote:

NEC usually works, so this is a special case. As these cards are not expensive I would just try a different one (with a different chipset).

Hey Matthias. Thanks for the answer. I just ordered the Sonnet USB 4 PM-E. On the USB2 Chipset, i had only 1 error in the last 2 days, which happend when i was starting a game. So it seems to run "fine" with the X570 USB 2.0 Chipset.  No new Bluescreen since then , the last bluescreen happend when i was re-connecting the digiface.

MC wrote:

Hi Matthias. I have a solution.
I had the same errors even with the Sonnet Frisco Logic Chipset , so i knew it must have something to do with PCI Power. Seems the AMD Ryzen Powerplan is causing this issues. But its necessary for AMD 3xxx CPUS. So my workaround is:

1.) Select High Performance Powerplan
2.) Plug the Digiface in
3.) Then switch Back to Ryzen Powerplan

works without errors since 10 minutes.

scare wrote:
MC wrote:

I had the same errors even with the Sonnet Frisco Logic Chipset , so i knew it must have something to do with PCI Power. Seems the AMD Ryzen Powerplan is causing this issues. But its necessary for AMD 3xxx CPUS. So my workaround is:

2.) Plug the Digiface in

omg .. nice you found it.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
scare wrote:
MC wrote:

2.) Plug the Digiface in

omg .. nice you found it.

it was only working for a short time. but high performance always on , works good so far.  i only get fifo erros when playing audio from an virtul machine , or having sky go open, or when photoshop is perfoming some rendering tasks.  but at least i can listen and produce music again haha

Ryzen power plans were removed in the x570 chipset driver update a while ago and are not (never have been) necessary for Ryzen 3xxx CPUs.  Make sure PCIe power saving option is off in Windows Balanced or High Performance power plans, whichever you use. Updated chipset drivers in conjunction with AGESA 1.2.0.3 have reportedly solved USB audio issues on x570.

8 (edited by scare 2023-02-07 13:43:50)

just want to tell how i got it fixed.  It was the combination of geforce 3060ti + amd ryzen 3700.    Ive built a new pc with intel 13600 + h670 chipset and took the 3060ti over and everything is working without errors.  The moment ive put an old geforce 1050ti into the old ryzen pc all fifo errors were gone.