Topic: Babyface Pro FS + FF400 + FF800

I would like to connect these interfaces Babyface Pro FS + FF400 + FF800.  I would like to get all 16 channels + 2 spdif connected via adat or any other way (maybe though firewire connection.)  I'd like the clock to be controlled by the BF as it's supposed to be super reliable/precise.  Also, the latency from the BF is better so I'd like to use the BF as the main interface.  Is there a way to to accomplish this?

Re: Babyface Pro FS + FF400 + FF800

ADAT is your friend.
BF (Master) with adat1 into ff800 (sync with ADAT) with ADAT into ff400 (sync with ADAT)  with adat2 into ff800 with adat2 into BF

You can connect 1 or 2 or all of them into your PC or Mac, routing with TM

Thanks for helping out!  That's the first thing I tried.  The problem with that configuration is that the Babyface only supports its 4 internal channels plus 8 via adat so when you choose the BF in your DAW you only see 12 channels.  When you choose FF800 as primary you see all the channels (FF800+400+BF.) However, the latency is higher and it becomes unstable (I've got multiple blue screens of death.)  It's worth mentioning that I also have an Eleven Rack hooked via spdif to the ff800. Thoughts?

The issues you have with the FF800 (blue screens, latency) probably are caused through the firewire connection of your system. So the question is, what computer and OS do you use and how is firewire implemented? Could you change the firewire card or update its driver? Also maybe you should check the driver and firmware (flash update) versions of the FF800.
As you already wrote, using the BF as main interface, there are only 4+8 channels and even no possibility to have ADAT and SPDIF the same time.
Of course you could buy an all new solution, an UFX+ for example. Or, as a much less pricey solution, you buy a Digiface USB and plug all the other interfaces as standalone ADAT converters to it (beware, a careful configuration of all these devices is needed)

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

FF800 is rock solid and fast.
MacBook Pro 2012 MacOS 10.15 / 2015 MacOS 10.14
I don´t see a differenz to BF