1 (edited by dhevesi 2022-05-15 08:40:22)

Topic: RME UCX II randomly restarts!

Hello Forum,

I purchased a RME UCX II in January and since the very first minute, it randonly restarts while I am using it (1 out of 5 times).
I did a firmware upgrade, but did not help.
I tried it on 2 different PCs, the behavior is the same.
This behavior did not disturb me in the beginning since I was using it only at at home, buit now I will start using on live gigs!
It would very-very akward, if it would restart while using it in a 10.000 watt PA system, so I would need a solid solution to fix this issue, othetwise I need to sell this thing and never buy an RME product again. I never had a soundcard in my life that randomly restarted!! I am using it on Windows 10.

Any help would be very much appriciated.
Thanks.

2 (edited by ramses 2022-05-15 10:13:57)

Re: RME UCX II randomly restarts!

I have a suspicion. Are you using the original RME power supply ? It has a lockable connector.

It could be that you have not plugged the power cable fully into the UCX II and did not lock it by turning the plug (usually ~90°). I think it is extremely likely that the connector on the back is only plugged in loosely and not locked, causing certain contact problems that lead to the device resets.

Could you please check that ?!

Some customers initially stumbled over this with the ADI-2 DAC/Pro, there RME added this in the manual: "Socket for power connection. This socket supports locking type jacks as found on the included RME DC power supply. After inserting the connector carefully turn it by 90° so that it locks."

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Hello Ramses, thanks for the quick reply.
The power cable is properly connected, that is not the issue unfortunately.

dhevesi wrote:

I would quickly align with the seller whether you can give it back and to get a replacement if he has a 2nd unit.
In germany you can cancel an online purchase within 14 days, some sellers even offer ~4 weeks time frame.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:
dhevesi wrote:

I would quickly align with the seller whether you can give it back and to get a replacement if he has a 2nd unit.
In germany you can cancel an online purchase within 14 days, some sellers even offer ~4 weeks time frame.

the problem is finding a second unit...

Thanks!

purebits wrote:
ramses wrote:
dhevesi wrote:

the problem is finding a second unit...

If you can force a restart by wiggling the PSU or USB cable, you know the cause. If not it definitely is the unit.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632