Topic: UFX not recognised after new P.S

Hi,
I replaced the old P.S, as I was experiencing a lot of weird activity, and it worked fine for a couple of days, however.......

All of a sudden, it is not recognised by Win10, though I have done all I am able to do re drivers, flash etc.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Bob.

2 (edited by ramses 2022-05-16 09:26:00)

Re: UFX not recognised after new P.S

Bob, that's not exactly a lot of information you're providing wink

With P.S you probably mean Power Supply ??

Please describe what you mean by "strange activities". When did it start and what was it?

How is the UFX connected, via USB or Firewire? Have you already tried other USB or FW ports on the computer?

Attention: if the UFX is connected via Firewire, only change the connection when computer and UFX are powered off. Although Firewire should support "hot-plugging", a slight tilting of the connector when plugging in/out can lead to an unwanted connections of contacts, which damage the electronics on both sides.

Besides this it would be useful to explicitely name the version of firmware and driver that you use.
And a brief description of PC, e.g.
- what mainboard
- to what USB/FW port you connect the device (port on mainboard or 3rd party PCIe card)
- USB/FW chipset of that port if possible
- the exact Windows version, e.g. Win10 Pro 21H2

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Bob, that's not exactly a lot of information you're providing wink

With P.S you probably mean Power Supply ??

Please describe what you mean by "strange activities". When did it start and what was it?

How is the UFX connected, via USB or Firewire? Have you already tried other USB or FW ports on the computer?

Attention: if the UFX is connected via Firewire, only change the connection when computer and UFX are powered off. Although Firewire should support "hot-plugging", a slight tilting of the connector when plugging in/out can lead to an unwanted connections of contacts, which damage the electronics on both sides.

Besides this it would be useful to explicitely name the version of firmware and driver that you use.
And a brief description of PC, e.g.
- what mainboard
- to what USB/FW port you connect the device (port on mainboard or 3rd party PCIe card)
- USB/FW chipset of that port if possible
- the exact Windows version, e.g. Win10 Pro 21H2

The "weirdness" was all the lights on the front panel remaining on, indicating signal where none was present, lots of random spikes and white noise etc.

The UFX now also doesn't appear in two other laptops, where it previously did appear.

Latest drivers, latest firmware.

Off to a tech it will go.

Cheers,
Bob.

yup.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13