Topic: Multiple talkback groups?

Does anyone know if it is possible to create two different talkback groups in Totalmix?

I´m in desperate need of being able to speak separately with two different headphone groups without both groups receiving the same talkback signal.

I own a Fireface UFX II.

If not, does anyone of you clever guys out there have a smart workaround?

Re: Multiple talkback groups?

joakim.lofgren wrote:

Does anyone know if it is possible to create two different talkback groups in Totalmix?

I´m in desperate need of being able to speak separately with two different headphone groups without both groups receiving the same talkback signal.

I own a Fireface UFX II.

If not, does anyone of you clever guys out there have a smart workaround?

No, I don't think so. Comms in TM is pretty limited.

If you're desperate to make this work you can look into the "groups" function in Totalmix. From there you could create a couple of "mute groups", and assuming you've got an ARC remote(?) you can assign two buttons to act as momentary unmutes for an input... But I think you'd need two mics (or at least one mic Y-split to two inputs - probably OK for talkback...) for this to work!! The buttons would also be illuminated when Talkback wasn't engaged, rather than when it was.

Not ideal.

Re: Multiple talkback groups?

Thats rather clever, but my client thougt it was to big of a hustle so we went for one, single talkback to all.

Thanks for your response anyway!