1 (edited by schmeink.r 2022-05-24 08:35:50)

Topic: ASIO 1600Hz ring

System listed below.
I use my motherboards soundcard for desktop audio. It is analogously fed into my audio interface. When opening an ASIO-using program (Cubase, Kontakt, Premiere etc.), my monitors start ringing at about 1600Hz. Upon further inspection I found, that the sound originates in the analogue connection from my motherboards audio output to my interface. I guess it is due to bad mainboard-design, but I'd like to discuss the issue before buying a new more expensive one.

System:
Windows 10 Pro
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
MSI B450-A Pro Max (Bios Version 7B86vMF [most recent as posted])
64GB DDR4 RAM @3333MHz
RME Fireface UC (connected via USB 2.0, driver v1.221, firmware v138)

Rfsk

Re: ASIO 1600Hz ring

As mentioned in the Cubase forum you are creating a ground loop. Why would you do this when TotalMix allows this functionality without using the onboard audio interface. I always disable mine in the bios.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Yeah, I just realised, that creating a loop is not ideal. I actually used to have the internal sound card disabled but after running into problems with using wme and asio drivers simultanously, i changed the setup. Oftentimes the ASIO driver would not load properly and buffer sizes had to be doubled in order to fix it. I use vsts in standalone and that requires the lowest possible latency so I looked for another way to route the desktop audio.

Maybe using an optical  connection instead of an electrical one would eliminate the ringing, but I don't have that on my mainboard.

Thank you for your quick response!

Rfsk

to eliminate the ground loop you could use an USB galvanic isolator, but be sure that it's the "expensive" type, it must manage Hi speed of Super speed usb type connection