Topic: Can I rack an ADI-2?

Im thinking about buying an ADI-2 I want to rack it in a 19" standard flightcase, as far as I see in the pics, ADI-2 is half rack unit, does it come with rack ears extensions? are there standard rack ear extensions that I can buy for it in an audio shop?

why doesnt RME make the ADI-2 in a normal 19" 1U unit with the PS built-in instead of the bloody wall-wart?

Re: Can I rack an ADI-2?

You can buy the RME rack shelf, place the ADI2 on this and stuff it into a 19" rack.

P

Superdot wrote:

why doesnt RME make the ADI-2 in a normal 19" 1U unit with the PS built-in instead of the bloody wall-wart?

I agree.

I personally appreciate that the ADI-2 is the size it is.  I do a lot of portable recording and mobile compositions.  I work on a MacBookPro and Logic and can stuff this beauty in my laptop bag and take it on the road and do incredible recordings at friends houses or clients homes and not have to worry about lugging a huge box or 19 style box around.  It's smaller size is exactly the reason I bought it.  And what a difference in sound this is from my old DAC.  Much better overall.  I have zero complaints about this product so far.

Maestro2be

Multiface 2, Lavry DA10, Bricasti M7 V2, ATC Monitors
Windows 7 64-bit, i930 Processor, Cubase 6.5

I only wish plugging headphones mutes the main outs. Apart from that ADI-2 is "excellent".

HDSP 9652, ADI-2, Fireface 800

Ok long time since I opened this topic.. I bought the ADI-2, very happy with the converter, better sounding than the multiface 1 I've used to listen to.. still a bit cold sounding (the multiface 1 was fairly harsh, ADI-2 at least it is just cold) but very fast and detail sound..

but still a pain in the ass the rack adaptation, I've bought a universal tray but I cant found the way to secure it, it just stays there, I cannot hold it to the tray..

can anyone tell me about any kind of solution?.. it really is a pain.. Why it doesn't come with rack ear extension or something like that? cant understand RME on this!! wall-wart and no 19" rack ears!!

cheers

RME partner ALVA offers two solutions:

1. Unirack 191/II 
19? / 1U  Universal Rackmount Unit for non 19? Units like e. g.: Multiface, Multiface II, Quadmic, ADI-2, FF-400, ADI-4DD and many other units.
The sheet material is much leaner than at the MK-I version. The oplong slits on the back are designed to be used as strain-relief by using cable-straps, The ones before can be used to mount
e. g. AC-adaptors on the UNIRACK 191/II.  4x screws M3x5 are included.

2. RM-19 (new) Rackmount adaptor for: RME Multiface II, ADI-2, FF-400 
Long metal rack ears. To mount the units into a 19? Rack. Just remove the factory-mounts and replace against RM-19 ? et voila`. 4x screws M4 x 8 are included.

best
Knut

A real solution at last!! thanks for the tip...RM-19 is what I was looking for, I hope they're not to expensive..

Anyway I'd like to say that it should come with the converter instead the half rack ones. Who in the hell needs half rack ears???

The wallwart is still a pain in the culo, but at least I can rack it properly.

Cheers

I found that removing the rubber feet, and using some velcro on the front of the unit, attaching it to a regular 1U rack shelf works fine.  I'd rather rack it 'properly', but for now it'll do.  I wish the ADI-2 had some standard threaded holes in the bottom of it in order to attach it to a standard multi-hole rack shelf like I use to mount my FMR units and my M-Audio 1814.