Topic: UFX+ Can’t Connect Via TB to M1 Mac

I’ve been able to successfully connect my unit via USB, however I want to connect it via thunderbolt 2. I’m currently using an authorized thunderbolt 2 cable via an Apple thunderbolt 2 to the thunderbolt 3 adapter that are going directly into the computer itself. I’m doing this on an M1 pro MacBook Pro on the latest version of Monterey.

I’ve gone to RME’s website and looked at how to install the driver on M1 certified machines.

I followed those instructions, download the driver and installed it. I still get nothing. The RMA totalmix app does not see it, nor does audio midi setup within OSX.

What am I doing wrong

Barry Johns Studio Talk on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/c/BarryJohns

Re: UFX+ Can’t Connect Via TB to M1 Mac

In the UFX + settings (options> interface Mode) you may select to switch automatically. Or you select manually. If the white LED is on, Thunderbolt is recognized and selected.

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X

I’m having the same problem. Works fine with USB but not with Thunderbolt. It will not even load up with Thunderbolt. I have tried switching it to TB manually on the unit itself and that did not work either. Is it a driver issue?  I am using the most current public release.

I think the issue is the Thunderbolt driver cannot be installed.  It gets blocked by Apple.  When I try to open up MacOS settings to allow it, the allow button is not there.  RME has said if this happens, to install the driver again.  I have installed the driver several times and the allow button is still not there.  And yes, I am booted up with limited security as stated by RME and still no allow button.