Topic: UFX unresponsive after flash update

Hi All,

Last night I tried to update my UFX using the fut_usb_mac updater dated 2022-05-16

The UFX was connected to my MacBook M1 Max via a USB-C dongle, and had been perfectly

After the flash update, the updater asks to turn off the unit, then turn back on to complete the update

So I turn the UFX off, but as soon as I turned it back on the UFX shows no visual signs of life. There is however a constant low frequency pulse coming out of the headphone port when I power on the unit, this sound was not present before the update but suggests the UFX is still getting power?

I had the PSU replaced in this UFX a couple of years ago.

I also flash updated my UCX earlier this week and it went smoothly, so I'm confident I didn't make any major mistakes with the update procedure this time around

I'm hoping someone here can provide me any info. My local distributor here in Australia presumes it will have to be sent to RME, I'm hoping there is something I can try before I go down that path

Thank you for your time

Re: UFX unresponsive after flash update

This sounds (again) like a power supply issue. The firmware flashing is not the main issue, but that you switched off and on the unit. Would have been happening without firmware update identically, most probably. Did you try to switch it off/on repeatedly a few times?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME