Re: Clics, Crackles while changing volume on Totalmix

I've sent my Raydat card to my local RME support service and they reproduced the error on their end.
They also reproduced the error with other cards than mine and say it seems to be a problem in TM.
They will pass this on to RME people, hopefully I can get a fix soon smile

Hey RME team, I'd appreciate a little bit more attention to this issue.

It's a very annoying problem and all possible tests have been made on my side to figure out that the problem comes from the product itself and not from a wrong setting or a wrong way of using it from my end.
I've spent a lot of time trying to fix it, sent the unit to customer service... etc.. to end up still having the problem and know that I can't do anything.

What exactly is the problem? Volume changes in Totalmix are digital, and depending on levels and the music material played, there may be small audible clicks (zipper noise) when adjusting faders. This is not a problem as such, this is normal. You can not expect the same behaviour as with an analog potentiometer here.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

What exactly is the problem?

Well, my problem has been explained extensively in the previews messages. It's not a light zipper noise, it's a seriously loud click (nearly going up to 0dbfs) on the left SPDIF out, when turning down the volume to minimum. I've made videos, explained many times, researched all I could, sent my card to my local support service...

Support service (musicnetwork.ch) just wrote me back that they will replace my card with a brand new from a new series.
The problem we have here it seems that my Raydat card does the issue, all the Raydat cards of my Swiss distributor does the issue. But none of the cards at RME factory does the issue...

You somewhat changed topic here...

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 47#p178047

Do you see clicks at the hardware output in Totalmix?
If not, do you see it at the income with a physical SPDIF loop to the card's own input (clock to internal)?
If so, can you record that?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

True about the topic change.. sorry if that was confusing, but it was sort of related so it continued here.

Here is another video of the thing, that would answer many questions.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_E86kd … sp=sharing

And to sum up, the problem has been tested with different converters, trying all possible sync sources and options, until the card has been sent to be tested by RME support service... where they concluded that my card & the ones they have in stock are all doing the same thing.

I don't think these issues are related at all. Also, the video doesn't show what exactly the right DC-Window is displaying.
What's the card's firmware version and the driver here?
Also, how exactly did Music Network test and reproduce this?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I'll give it a short break here because MusicNetwork is sending me a new card that should (according to them) fix the issue.
They have been in contact with you (RME) directly about this problem after they figured out the issue is the same on their end, with other cards too.
What they did exactly in their test is not of my knowledge.

Card replaced, problem gone big_smile

Good - not something I've come across, and not related to the light clicks with volume changes... Just for the record.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME