Topic: DC5 RC1 Preset Bug?

Hi,

Digicheck 5 is amazing, thank you RME!

Here is something I found out about the preset feature in Beta 5 that still seems to be there in the new RC1 version. I was using a multiface 1 cardbus and the newest drivers:

Open DigiCheck Recording and enable record for the SPdif channels, switch record off for the rest of the channels

Save the Workspace

Reload the workspace

Record is now enabled for all channels to the right of the SPdif channels as well.

Just in case you didn't know already...

Best regards

Dirk

2 (edited by Zapp 2008-10-21 14:43:39)

Re: DC5 RC1 Preset Bug?

Digicheck 5rc1 is really amazing...
I did this test, but on my machine it record enables only the channels
from A11 to A20 left from the spdif channels after loading the workspace, same for presets.
Beside the fact it freezes at startup exept when an application is running utilizing
two channels or more, but randomely it freezes also, have to kill it.

Taskmanager shows during the freeze 100 percent CPU usage. Seems to have problems opening the device?
I also get duplicates in the tray. Now back to beta4.
Digiface, cardbus hardware revision 17, driver 3.07.2,
no changes to the system, update done as usual since a couple of years.

edit: after updating the driver to 3.07.2, coldboot with digiface switched off
I got a mixer with only 12 channels (if I remember, should have been 26,
loading the default changes nothing, starting foobar (uses the spdif) and the mixer jumped to normal
(26 channels) and stayed there since. all is working as expected exept Digicheck5rc1.

go figure...

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

No we did not know, thanks for that!

Zapp, your problems might be caused by left-overs of former installations. Starting DC5 with registry and default settings from older versions might cause strange problems. We do not see any of this, so please go to the registry via regedit and find this one:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\RME\DIGICheck

Highlight DIGICheck and delete it. All entries under DC will be rebuilt when you start the program again.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

4 (edited by Zapp 2008-10-21 15:19:23)

Done. No way. It asked at startup for the temporary folder and then freezes...

edit: started again, temporary folder selected and bingo, no freeze. Started over 4 times ok then freeze again.

Sigi's thread in the newsgroup shows clearly same behaviour on his machine.

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

...but it doesn't help in reproducing the problem. Your description makes me come up with a simple theory that you might be able to test. You can have both DC versions, simply install one in a different folder. The theory is that the start fails because of the last state in which you left DC, mainly the last used function. Can you try to find out if that is the case?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I have reported a similar problem in this forum (perhaps a bad title: "DC Beta5 rc5 will not launch") on 17. October.  But nobody answered.  I can run DC 5.0 beta4 with no problem, but the last two betas will launch only the first time after installation, and upon subsequent attempts freeze with a white window.

I have purged registry wnd reinstalled, but no improvement.  Beta 4 WORKS -- later ones do NOT!

And to Matthias' last suggestion above, I have both versions installed currently and beta 4 gives no problems of this kind.  :-)

David

Classical ambisonic surround recording: UFX, FF400, Alesis HD24, Edirol R-44/88, Samplitude ProX 3.

7 (edited by Zapp 2008-10-23 18:02:39)

Hi Matthias!

Very impressive, only 3 users have apparently problems with DC5rc1, nevertheless you are interested in this problem.:-)

First:
I use my Digiface since ages. No problem at all, every now and then I updated the drivers for my need, never had difficulties. Right now I am on 3.07.2, HwRev. 17 Cardbus, very up to date :-) .

Second:
I removed as you suggested any traces in the registry and deleted all folders as neccessary.
Then I installed DC5rc1 (the latest). The result is well known: freeze, Ok, Ok, waiting for 1 minute, freeze, freeze and so on, no pattern, CPU usage during freeze is 100 percent.
Then I tried to install a second DC5rc1 in a different folder.
This removed the first one completely, the result was the same.

I installed DCrc4 in another folder, no problems at all. Works as expected.

Then I installed DCrc5 (beta5) in a different folder, no problem exept the deleting of my rc4 shortcuts, result the same as DC5rc1 (freezes, works, freezes a.s.o.).

This leads me to the conclusion:
From DC Beta5 on the things have in a way changed my mobile system (Sony GRX516, 2,6GHz, 1Gb Ram, XPpro sp3)cannot cope with (no changes to the system).

So what shall I do? Stucked with Beta4 in the moment. For my needs this is sufficient...

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

8 (edited by david-p 2008-10-23 18:20:59)

Zapp wrote:

From DC Beta5 on the things have in a way changed my mobile system (Sony GRX516, 2,6GHz, 1Gb Ram, XPpro sp3)cannot cope with (no changes to the system).

I agree with Zapp: this is also my experience.  It is not a showstopper for me, as I can also use beta 4; but it is a definite bug.

My system is HP Pavilion 2000 (laptop) with 2GB RAM (some used by the ATI video display), AMD Turion-64 1.6GHz processor, XP SP3, TI firewire chip.  I am currently using my FF400 with hardware revision 1.67 and driver 2.898.

David

Classical ambisonic surround recording: UFX, FF400, Alesis HD24, Edirol R-44/88, Samplitude ProX 3.

9 (edited by Warren 2008-10-23 21:00:26)

This issue is not just the few here, others are reporting it on the newsgroup as well.

Something is a miss

I have had no issues with any of the past beta versions

Warren

Warren

The Masters Tracks
www.themasterstracks.com

Preset bug fixed in RC 2.

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc5_rc2.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME