Topic: Help ! Right channel is louder than left channel. Babyface Pro user

I'm not sure if this is the fault of the recordings and room acoustics, or my Babyface Pro has something to do with it.

Firstly, I can see in Total Mix that in many recordings, that most of the time the right channel simply has higher output level.

It is not just in few recordings, but in the vast majority of recordings that I listen to.

Secondly, left channel always sounds weaker, with few different pair of speakers.

Having that said, room acoustic might has something to do with it, and there are few recordings that the output level on both channel seems more balanced when looking on Total Mix.

Here is a good example where Total Mix shows me much much higher output level on the right channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3K7pgufblmQ

You can check for yourselves and tell me what you see, this will help me to understand my situation and I'll be very thankful.

2 (edited by fieldstu 2022-06-15 19:11:57)

Re: Help ! Right channel is louder than left channel. Babyface Pro user

In the the YouTube link the right channel is indeed somewhat louder.
I'd suggest to try with a dual mono file with equal audio on both sides, and if needed flip the channel content between L and R, that helps you see.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

I'm having the same issue. The right output is 2db to 3db louder than the left output on my Babyface Pro. I ran a sine test tone at 440hz in Studio One and panned the track from left to right to measure. I used a Nady DSM-1x to measure using a C weighted slow response. I have Total Reset the TotalMix multiple times and also tried a different set of speakers. I also changed the XLR cables to rule out a damaged cable.

All you have to do is reverse the XLR output plugs to see if now left is louder...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME