Topic: Interface order

I have a Fireface 802 and an Octamic. Is it possible to change the order of these devices in TotalMix FX? I'd like the Octamic (ADAT) channels first. The Fireface is slaved to the Octamic, so not sure why it's not first anyway but I suppose the FF is the device connected to the host.

Re: Interface order

No the order of channels is fix, but you can use Layout Presets to show the channels, that you want, see manual.
By this you can show only analog and/or digital channels as you like.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by troutstudio 2022-06-25 02:25:20)

ramses wrote:

No the order of channels is fix, but you can use Layout Presets to show the channels, that you want, see manual.
By this you can show only analog and/or digital channels as you like.

Yes I've got that covered thanks. Seems a shame. What Total FX needs now is drag and drop, resizable channels and all that good stuff. It works fine, but looks very 90's these days. Great hardware; software needs a big update imo.

I agree, with the enormous potential of TotalMx FX, we need to be able to set up custom views with channels in any order.

I appreciate that in the wrong hands, this could lead to a complete nightmare of messed up routings, with the a total reset being the only way back to sanity.

What i would also dearly like to see is more channel gain control, especially hardware input gain. Because if you're working with some low input levels, you want to fix that that at the point of the hardware input. So 6dB of boost isn't enough!

You can use Layout Presets to show whatever channels you want.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13