Topic: Today I learned about Synthax and RME and DV247

https://www.synthax.co.uk/latest/dealers/

5 years warranty is important to me so I plan on Evaluating the unit from www.dv247.com

Then maybe head to my local UK dealer. Warranty support is very important to me.

The product has not arrived yet.

No wonder Synthax basically told me to go away and RTFM.

Kind regards,

Peter

Re: Today I learned about Synthax and RME and DV247

What’s the question or is it just a statement?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok wrote:

What’s the question or is it just a statement?

Didn't understand what he meant either.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

My understanding is that EU warranty is 2 years against defects so via an authorized Synthax distributor you get 5 year warranty

Is this correct?

Confusing post. It seems you wanted to point pout that you just learned that DV247 is owned by German Music Store, and therefore buying units there does not give you 5 years warranty in the UK as when buying from other UK dealers.

Still nobody understood your then following statement: No wonder Synthax basically told me to go away and RTFM.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Dear Peter

You will remember that you spoke to the offices of Synthax Audio UK about the features of an ADI-2 DAC FS before you made your purchase. You also discussed possibly purchasing a demo unit we had available at the time.

In the end you chose to buy an ADI-2 Pro from DV247.

As you understand, the UK 5 year warranty is a scheme exclusively offered by Synthax Audio UK only when a purchase is made from one of our authorised UK dealers. (https://www.synthax.co.uk/latest/dealers/) Unfortunately, DV247 (being part of a German parent company) is not covered by this scheme.

If you wish to register for the 5 year warranty, you would need to purchase from one of the UK dealers on the list above.  You would then also become eligible to use our after sales telephone support services here in the UK.

Yours sincerely
Martin Warr
Managing Director
Synthax Audio UK

For the record, our international support (yours truly) remains accessible, should you have any questions. So does this forum.
Warranty issues and possible returns in case of a hardware failure (which we hope won't be the case) would have to go through DV247.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

And afaik dv24 advertises with free 3 year warranty?

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

Thanks all, I've started the process of returning the unopened box to DV247 and will probably order from scan.co.uk to get the 5 year warranty!

I went for the first vendor that I saw that took PayPal as I had lost my wallet that day.

Kind regards,
Peter

I contacted Synthax about purchasing a Digiface USB, which I subsequently did, and after submitting the form to Synthax I received confirmation of the 5 year warranty via email.

They were very helpful to deal with. Hopefully I won't need them! But if some problem were to occur I think they'd be okay.

No, YOU will be ok wink

Synthax UK service is first class.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That's true, man. My device wasn't even directly from Synthax  I was buying it second hand/ ex demo  from some shop who had got it from Synthax. I had a problem with it's ports, so Synthax sorted the repair process procedure, and covered the repair and transport price to Germany.  Fucking awesome- I thought I'd been burned but they saved the day