Topic: RME MIDI remote AVB app not connecting

I presume there is some user error on my part that's causing this issue, but I can't figure it out. I can't remote connect to my 12Mic via the MIDI Remote AVB app on a Mac M1 laptop. I can remote control the 12Mic via a browser window. I'm using the 12Mic with a UFX+. I have MADI connections between the two devices via coaxial cables. I also have a single ADAT going from 12Mic ADAT 2 out to ADAT 2 in on the UFX+.

Re: RME MIDI remote AVB app not connecting

Have you configured the MIDI ports in the 'MIDI Remote AVB' (to send and receive over coaxial MADI), and on the device (only accessible via display: Menu > State > Remote Control > MIDI > Enable MIDI Control: MIDI Input = MADI coaxial and MIDI Output = MADI coaxial)?

Yes. On the 12Mic unit itself, I have the MIDI input and output set to MADI coaxial. Device ID is set to 1. The remote indicator has a green bar above it. MADI is set as the clock source on the 12Mic because I have the UFX+ set as internal. The MADI sync indicator is green and locked on the UFX+.

In the MIDI Remote AVB, if I select the MADI coaxial, it's lit red and the lock and sync indicators are flashing on and off. The internal indicator is lit green. If it helps, I'm using the 1.0.0-beta.14 version of the application. When the Remote AVB tries to connect, the ADAT 1 Out lights up on the UFX+ for a split second and then goes dark.

Ok, so the remote does actually connect (title of this thread is "not connecting")?

I think what you're seeing might be related to the sample rate. If you send the 12Mic a 48k signal while it is set to 44.1k (or vice versa), you get a warning because the device would be announcing the wrong sampling rate in an AVB network. So all you have to do to switch off the warning is to set the same sampling rate.

By the way, you can update to the 1.0.0 Release. Unfortunately the beta version only checks for beta updates at the moment, this will be fixed in a future release. So to get notified of the update, you have to switch off 'check for beta versions', then restart the software, and then click 'check for update' in the menu again. Or download the update directly from the RME website.

Best regards,
Max

I apologize for any confusion, Max. The MIDI remote AVB does not connect to the 12Mic. That’s still the problem. Currently I can only connect via a browser. On a separate topic, is there any timeframe on when the 12Mic will be controlled via TotalMix? That would be the optimal scenario from my perspective.

i was having this issue as, but realized that i have to change the remote state on the 12mic itself. for the app to work you have to select midi remote which turns off the http remote control.....

I actually just figured out a solution yesterday to the problem that I was having. It turns out that it had to do with my MIDI port settings for the input and output. I changed the input and output to MIDI port 4 in both the Settings tab in TotalMix and the RME MIDI Remote AVB. As soon as I made the change the Remote AVB app connected and it works now. I originally tried the MIDI connection set to port 1 and 2. I'm not sure what I've done differently from you, but the display on my 12Mic shows both a MIDI and an http connection. I'm able to see my 12Mic either through a browser or the Remote AVB app.