Topic: RME FIREFACE UFX - Mono Signal in Windows

Hey. Just wondering if anyone can help me figure out how to get windows to show mono inputs from my RME UFX?

It seems to only show the inputs as stereo, so 1/2, 3/4, 5/6 etc. I use inbuilt preamp 1, so input 9. But Windows reads it as 9/10, so a stereo input. Meaning in some applications, like OBS for instance, it only comes out the left hand side. Any tips on getting windows to read it as a single mono input?

I noticed this forum post (https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=35290) regarding a Babyface where someone simply had to update drivers and firmware and they were presented with a new option in totalmix which monoized the signal (or something similar). But doing this to my UFX doesn't seem to yield the same results.

Cheers

Re: RME FIREFACE UFX - Mono Signal in Windows

You can do something similar by routing the mono input signal to both channels of a stereo output and activating Loopback there...

Our driver does not offer WDM mono channels directly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You can do something similar by routing the mono input signal to both channels of a stereo output and activating Loopback there...

Great thanks very much, I'll have a look at how to loopback today. Cheers

MC wrote:

Worked great! Thanks heaps